Ah Friday.... Time to relax, kick my feet up and eat some of these Sticky Triple Chocolate Oreo Bars! These bars consist of a crushed Oreo and butter base that is then topped with more crushed Oreos and three different types of chocolate and covered in condensed milk that is then baked to ooey gooey, sticky sweet, melty chocolate goodness! If you're a fan of rich chocolate, Oreo, gooey desserts, this one is for you!
This is one of those recipes that you can pretty much whip up with your eyes closed but the end result is incredible! You will see from the video below that these are created in just a few simple steps. You can allow these to set in the fridge before slicing so you get nice and neat slices like I did for the photos. (They remain lovely and gooey and sticky if you do.) I however often just make these and dig into the warm pan with a spoon because 1) I'm impatient and 2) The chocolate is all melty and oozing making them even more gooey!
If you read my Caramel Cheesecake post last week you will know that my cat Charles had to have surgery and was one the mend so I thought I would post a little update on that. After getting him home he was still having problems over the weekend so we took him back and he stayed at the vet for another few days. He is now home and looking A LOT better so fingers crossed we don't have another emergency visit to the vet over this weekend. Not only do I want him healthy but I would rather not have to sell my soul to pay for the medical bills...
Back to these bars, you can use any type of chocolate you have at home whether it be chocolate chips, buttons, broken up bars, anything you have in your pantry. As you will see from the video I use a mixture of all of the above because that's what I had at the time.
These are super addictive and although they are very rich, you will find yourself eating the whole pan if you're not careful! Let's just say it has happened to me on
two three occasions...
Sticky Triple Chocolate Oreo Bars
- 28 Oreos, Crushed
- 60 g Butter, Melted (¼ Cup)
- 1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (400g)
- 8-10 Oreos, Lightly Crushed
- ¾ Cup White Chocolate Chips
- ⅓ Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- ⅓ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9"x9" baking tine with baking paper.
- Crush the Oreos and mix with the melted butter.
- Press into the base of the prepared baking tin.
- Sprinkle over the white, milk and dark chocolate chips.
- Lightly crush the Oreos, in your hand, over the top.
- Pour over the tin of condensed milk and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- The top should be browning.
- Place in the fridge to set for two hours if you want clean slices, otherwise, dig straight in!