**Post updated and photos updated 2019. Original post from 2016. The below extract about the Oreo shortage is from the original post but it was too funny to delete!**
For past couple of weeks, I have been in a slight state of crisis…. My town seems to be undergoing an Oreo shortage! I have had a craving for my No Bake Oreo Truffle Cheesecake and to my dismay both supermarkets were out of Oreos. How can this be? How is possible to not stock even one package???
So I thought to myself, I CAN survive this….. They will be restocked next week…… Well that week came and has now gone and still NO OREOS! No matter, I shall try to keep calm and rein in my cravings but…… If they don’t have Oreos stocked next week I may go into full panic mode.
This Tim Tam Truffles recipe is not just for one flavour of truffles….. Not two….. But three flavours! All that’s required is three simple ingredients and you have an indulgent, no bake, quick and easy treat!
To make these truffles, all you have to do is take a packet of Tim Tams – resisting the urge to eat them all – and crush them. Repeat this with the all three packets. These are quite hard to crush so I used a food processor but you could crush them by hand if you wish. You then mix the separate flavours with some condensed milk, roll them into balls and let them set in the fridge. You could stop there but these are decedent so we’re heading straight to fancy town…. (Fancy town? Where the heck do I come up with these things???)
Take some white, milk and dark chocolate and melt separately and roll the truffles in the chocolate and leave to set. You can have a little fun with the chocolate coating by mixing up the flavours. Placing white chocolate on the dark chocolate truffles, placing milk chocolate on the white truffles, etc. That way each truffle can be a surprise!
If you want a smaller batch you can just third the recipe an d use one packet of Tim Tams or mix it up and try different flavours of Tim Tams.
I hope you enjoy these Tim Tam Truffles and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
- 1 Packet Original Tim Tams
- 1 Packet White Chocolate Tim Tams
- 1 Packet Dark Chocolate Tim Tams
- 1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (400g)
- 100 g White Chocolate, Melted
- 100 g Milk Chocolate, Melted
- 100 g Dark Chocolate, Melted
- Crush all the Tim Tams separately and place into three separate bowls so the original Tim Tams are in one, the white chocolate Tim Tams in the other and the dark chocolate Tim Tams in the last one.
- Pour a third of the condensed milk into each of the bowls.
- Mix the Tim Tams with the condensed milk until gooey. (Ensure you rinse the spoon between bowls).
- Roll the mixtures into balls and place on a non stick baking sheet on a baking tray and place in the freezer for half an hour.
- Melt the three chocolate flavours separately and dip each truffle into the chocolate.
- You can either use the chocolate flavour to the corresponding truffle flavour or mix it up and dip the truffles at random.
- Place in the fridge until the chocolate has set.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
You can just use one packet of Tim Tams if you want a smaller amount of truffles.
You can use all the same flavour of Tim Tams and chocolate if you prefer.