Apple Cinnamon Muffins are soft and fluffy muffins filled with apples, spice and everything nice. Enjoy one for breakfast, brunch or just for a snack!
I have been trying to perfect an apple and cinnamon muffin for the longest time! Every experiment would yield either too wet muffins, too dry, flat muffins... They just never worked!
Apart from my healthy, Paleo Apple Muffin recipe that is ;).
Now I have finally cracked the recipe! And there are a few hints and tricks to ensure you get, tall and fluffy apple cinnamon muffins.
Perfect Muffin Hints
- Cook them at a high temperature. These muffins cook at a higher temperature than most bakes for a shorter period of time. This ensures a quick rise which keeps the muffins tall.
- Coat the apples in cinnamon and flour before folding them into the mixture. Coating the apple slices in flour helps absorb any excess moisture to stop the muffins from turning wet. The cinnamon just adds extra spice as I LOVE a lot of spice.
- Don't skimp on the cinnamon! You want to be able to taste the cinnamon not just smell it as it's baking (the best smell in the world btw).
- Finally, don't over mix the batter. You want to fold the batter until it is only just combined. It's okay if it appears a bit lumpy.
How to make Apple Cinnamon Muffins
I hope you enjoy these Apple and Cinnamon Muffins and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- ½ Cup Oil
- ⅓ Cup Milk
- 1 and ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Medium Eggs
- ½ Cup Sugar (100g)
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar (90g)
- 2 and ½ Cups All Purpose Flour (310g)
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, Peeled and sliced into small pieces (2 Cups)
- 1 Tbsp. Flour, Extra
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon, Extra
- ¼ Cup Melted Butter (57g)
- ¼ Cup All Purpose Flour (34g)
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar (60g)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 220 C (425 F) and grease or line a 12 muffin tray with muffin liners.
- First, peel and chop the apples into small cubes. Place them in a bowl with the flour and cinnamon and coat them. Place aside.
- In a medium bowl add the oil, milk, vanilla, and eggs and mix together.
- In a large bowl add the sugar, brown sugar, flour and baking powder and cinnamon. Fold through the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Lightly fold through the apples and then scoop into the muffin cases. The mixture should fill the cases up about ⅔.
- Add the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl and mix through the melted butter.
- Top each muffin with a sprinkle of the crumb topping and then place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.