Caramel Apple Crumble Bars are a chewy and crumbly oat bars with cinnamon apple filling and a homemade caramel sauce.
Caramel apple as a flavour combo is no great revelation or ‘new thing’. However, these caramel apple oat bars will change your life! I’m not exaggerating. These bars are THAT good!
We have a crunchy oat bar based off my caramel oat slice that is chewy, crunchy and everything you want from a crumble. You then have thick, buttery and sweet caramel sauce that is my absolute favourite caramel recipe of all time. Not only is quick and easy, its only four ingredients and is just heaven.
I could actually drink the stuff.
Finally we have an apple filling that is full of cinnamon and fresh apples. I use Granny Smith apples as I like the tart contrast with the sweet caramel but you could use any apple that is in season. I also like to leave some slices of apple slightly under baked for added crunch. How long you cook your apples is up to you and your personal taste.
I like my apples with a bite, if you like apples smooth and sweeter, go for that!
I hope you enjoy these Caramel Apple Crumble Bars and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Caramel Apple Crumble Bars
- 1 Cup Butter, Melted (220g)
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar (255g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 and 2/3 Cups All Purpose Flour (330g)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 and 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats (225g)
- 1 Cup Coconut (100g)
- 1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (397g)
- 1/4 Cup Golden Syrup (90g)
- 1/2 Cup Butter (110g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Large Granny Smith Apples
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar (25g)
- Peel the skin off the apples and chop the apples into thin slicing and then chop those slices into half.
- Place the apples, water, cinnamon, vanilla and brown sugar in the saucepan over a medium heat until the apples begin to cook and the brown sugar dissolves.
- Cook for as long as you like. The longer you cook the apples the softer they will be. I cook mine for around 10 minutes as I like my apples to still have a little bite.
- Drain the excess water and liquid and set aside.
- Place the condensed milk, golden syrup and butter in a saucepan on a medium heat and allow them to melt together.
- Once it has all come together take off the heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Allow to cool slightly while you prepare the oat crumble.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease or line a 9"x13" baking tin with baking paper.
- Place the brown sugar in a bowl and mix in the melted butter.
- Add in the eggs and mix.
- Add the flour, oats and coconut and mix until all combined.
- Press 2/3 of the mixture into the base of the prepared pan.
- Top with the apple mixture and then pour over the caramel sauce.
- Crumble over the remaining oat mixture on top and place in the oven to bake for around 30 minutes.
- The top should be a light golden colour.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing. I like to cool mine in the fridge so the caramel slices nicely.