Caramel Cheesecake Cookie Bars are chewy and soft chocolate chip cookie bars filled with a simple caramel cheesecake filling. These are sweet, soft and creamy.
These may look familiar. I created a vanilla cheesecake stuffed cookie bar version earlier this year and decided it was too good not to recreate with another cheesecake filling flavour.
The caramel adds an extra depth to the cheesecake filling, adds sweetness and pairs beautifully to the brown sugar in the cookie bars themselves.
I apologize for the technical difficulties that has been plaguing my blog for the past month or two. I am desperately trying to get this fixed so I hope you manage to see this post and make this recipe without those technical issues affecting you!
These technical issues is part of the reason for my lack of posting as no one seems to have a solution for me and I feel very discouraged in blogging and posting as my posts aren’t reaching as many people as they should be due to these difficulties.
So again, I apologise, I’m working hard to fix this issue and in the meantime, enjoy these caramel cheesecake cookie bars!
In less than a month I’ll be flying back to New Zealand to be a bridesmaid in one of my best friends weddings which is super exciting and super crazy all at once. I don’t feel old enough to be getting married and here are all my friends settling down one by one and I’m over here making cheesecake cookie bars, sipping on green tea. #singlelife.
I hope you enjoy these Caramel Cheesecake Cookie Bars and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Caramel Cheesecake Cookie Bars
- 2/3 Cup Butter, Partially Melted (150g)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (90g)
- 1/3 Cup Sugar (75g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 and 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour (215g)
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips (135g)
- 1/4 Cup Butter (50g)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (90g)
- 3 Tbsp. Milk
- 1 Cup Cream Cheese (250g)
- 1/4 Cup Greek Yoghurt (or cream) (62g)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/3 Cup Icing Sugar (45g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan on a medium to high heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the milk and bring to the boil.
- Boil for at least 2 minutes before removing from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the egg, Greek yoghurt, vanilla extract, icing sugar and caramel sauce and beat until smooth. Set aside while you make the cookie bars.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 9x9 baking tin with butter or non stick cooking spray.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix. Finally add the chocolate chips and mix together.
- Spread half of the chocolate chip cookie dough in an even layer in the base of the prepared pan.
- Spread over the cheesecake mixture.
- Top with the remaining cookie dough in little blobs.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. The top and sides will be golden and set but the middle will slightly wobble.
- Place in the fridge until set completely to cut into neat squares.