Cheesecake Cookie Bars are soft and gooey chocolate chip cookie bars with a sweet and creamy vanilla cheesecake swirled through the middle!
I think I have new favourite sweet treat… I know I say that about nearly every new bake but guys! C’mon. How can you resist the call of creamy vanilla cheesecake AND gooey, chewy chocolate chip cookie bars?
Just look at the smooth cheesecake filling! The cheesecake is super easy and only requires four ingredients. I like to use Greek yoghurt in my cheesecake as I like the tartness. However you could replace this with sour cream for slightly less tart cheesecake filling or cream for a super creamy and sweeter cheesecake middle. Whatever your preference is or whatever ingredient you have on hand is absolutely fine!
The cookie bar outside is my trusty cookie pie/cookie bar recipe that has never let me down! Always chewy, always gooey and always packed full of chocolate chips, you will not be disappointed.
I’ve made a number of cheesecake brownie recipes, from my cheesecake swirled flourless brownies and my brownie cheesecake, but never a cookie bar. The big difference is the lack of chocolate and this cheesecake cookie bars recipe is far less rich than a brownie. The juxtaposition of the rich chocolate brownie and the creamy, sweet cheesecake is lovely but sometimes too much.
These cookie bars are far more subtle. Less sweet, less rich and just soft and creamy delights!
I hope you enjoy these Cheesecake Cookie Bars and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Cheesecake Cookie Bars
- 1 Cup Cream Cheese, Room Temperature (250g)
- 1/4 Cup Greek Yoghurt (Or Cream) (62g)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/3 Cup Icing Sugar (45g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Butter, Partially Melted (170g)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (90g)
- 1/3 Cup Sugar (75g)
- 2 Medium-Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour (250g)
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cups Chocolate Chips (135g)
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the egg, Greek yoghurt, vanilla extract and icing sugar and beat until smooth. Set aside while you make the cookie bars.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 9x9 baking tin with butter or non stick cooking spray.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract) and beat until smooth.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix. Finally add the chocolate chips and mix together.
- Spread half of the chocolate chip cookie dough in an even layer in the base of the prepared pan.
- Spread over the cheesecake mixture.
- Top with the remaining cookie dough in little blobs.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. The top and sides will be golden and set but the middle will slightly wobble.
- Place in the fridge until set completely to cut into neat squares.
Leave a Reply