Caramel Peanut Butter Fudge is a soft and creamy caramel and peanut butter fudge with crushed digestive biscuits (graham crackers) throughout for added crunch.
In New Zealand we have a classic chocolate fudge recipe that combines fudge with crushed digestive biscuits (graham crackers). Sometimes known as the Hedgehog Slice.
This caramel peanut butter fudge is like the caramel peanut butter version of the Hedgehog Slice.
The fudge is sweet from the condensed milk caramel mixture with a hint of peanut butter flavour coming through and just a touch of chocolate at the end. If you cover these in a chocolate ganache like I did for the photos you taste more of the chocolate flavour within this fudge. If that makes any sense at all!
For this recipe I do recommend using a full fat condensed milk not a reduced fat or skim milk condensed milk. Just good ole’ regular condensed milk as using a fat free or reduced fat condensed milk will make the caramel thinner and your fudge may not set properly.
I also like to use an all natural peanut butter in all my peanut butter recipes and that is what I have used here. Again, you can use regular peanut butter but I just prefer the taste of all natural peanut butter.
This caramel peanut butter fudge really could not be easier to make. I whipped it up in ten minutes which is great when you want a quick and easy, no bake sweet treat for the warm summer afternoons or just to have onhand when you have a sugar craving.
I hope you enjoy these Caramel Peanut Butter Fudge and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Caramel Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (397g)
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar (40g)
- 1/4 Cup Butter (55g)
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter (125g)
- 150 g Caramel Filled Chocolate (Caramello, Rolos, etc)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups Digestive Biscuits, Crushed (Graham Crackers) (250g)
- Line a 9"x9" baking pan with baking paper or grease with butter or non stick cooking spray.
- Place the condensed milk, butter and brown sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Stir and wait for the butter and brown sugar to dissolve.
- Bring it nearly to the boil then remove from the heat.
- Add in the caramel chocolate and peanut butter and mix until all melted together.
- Mix in the vanilla and crushed digestive biscuits.
- Place mixture into prepared tin and press in until smooth and refrigerate for 1 hour to 2 hours or until set
Leave a Reply