Shockingly my taste buds don’t just crave chocolate (crazy I know!).
Although my love for chocolate and all things rich runs deep, sometimes I crave other flavours. Flavours that are warm, comforting and inviting. That’s where these delicious cookies come in. Cheesecake Stuffed Spiced Apple Cookies: A soft and chewy spiced oat cookie packed full of apple with a smooth and creamy, yet slightly tangy cheesecake center. The sweetness of the cookie and the sharpness of the spices are balanced out perfectly with the creamy, tangy cheesecake. These cookies are a definite winner!
Right now, we are coming into the Summer months and the weather is certainly getting warmer. We had an absolutely beautiful Winter this year and I’m a little scared at how hot this Summer may turn out to be…
These flavours of cinnamon and apple are typically used in the Autumn and Winter but I typically don’t change my recipes to follow the change in seasons and I don’t intend to start. However, some of you are coming into the Winter months so these flavours are perfect for you if you do change up your recipes for each season.
Remember the Spiced Apple Cookies I posted a few months ago? Well these are the same cookie recipe with the added cheesecake filling. I honestly like them both ways but I must say the cheesecake does take these cookies completely over the top!
These are fabulous straight out of the oven but if you have the patience, let them sit in the fridge overnight. Don’t ask me why but the flavours are just that much better after a nights rest!
Note: I was approached by Helen Nichols over at http://www.well-beingsecrets.com/ and she has written an extensive and very informative post called 34 Science-Backed Health Benefits of Apples which I found very useful and super interesting. If you get the chance please check it out. http://www.well-beingsecrets.com/apples-health-benefits/
Cheesecake Stuffed Spiced Apple Cookies
- 200 g Butter, Softened (1 Cup)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 and 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Quick Oats
- 1 1/2 - 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Apple, Pealed and sliced into small cubes
- 125 g Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Icing Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, dark sugar, sugar and maple syrup together until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Beat in the oats and sliced apple.
- Set aside
- Beat the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract together until smooth.
- Flatten a small piece of cookie dough in the palm of your hand. Add a teaspoon of the cheesecake and then place another piece of flattened dough on top and seal the edges.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- They will spread a little and be soft but will harden slightly while cooling.
- Allow to cool completely before serving or allow them to sit in the fridge overnight to let the flavours 'settle'.