I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again. Cheesecake is the bomb! What, you may ask, can make cheesecake even better? Swirling rich chocolate brownie through it of course.
This Chocolate Brownie Swirled Cheesecake Slice is a creamy, slightly tangy, baked vanilla cheesecake with a chocolate biscuit base, with a rich chocolate brownie swirled through the bottom layer of the cheesecake.
I love using yoghurt in my cheesecakes. Remember my No Bake Oreo Truffle Cheesecake and Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars? I love the slight tang it gives to balance out the sweetness of the cheesecake without compromising the creamy texture. The slight tang really works with richness of the chocolate brownie.
To create this gorgeous cheesecake slice, we need to begin with the base. This is a simple chocolate biscuit base. You can use chocolate Graham crackers, digestives, Oreos or any chocolate flavoured biscuit you want. Next we need to create the chocolate brownie.
I made a half batch of the chocolate brownie so the brownie only swirls through the lower half of the cheesecake. You can double the brownie if you want more brownie through the whole cheesecake slice.
Once the brownie mixture has been made it’s time for the cheesecake. Once you have your base in front of you with your brownie mixture and cheesecake mixture, its time to start assembling. To do this we alternate between the brownie and cheesecake until the base is completely covered.
Brownie, followed by cheesecake.
You will run out of brownie after the first layer so top with the remaining cheesecake. Of course if you double the brownie recipe you will get a couple of layers of alternated brownie and cheesecake.
All that’s left to do is place it in the oven to bake. Once it’s bake the hardest part of the process comes into play. You must let it come to room temperature then set in the fridge for at least 4 hours but it really is better overnight. Trust me on this, the flavours really come together after about 12 hours and makes this slice taste insane!
Chocolate Brownie Swirled Cheesecake Slice
- 28 Oreos, Crushed
- 70 g Butter, Melted
- 625 g Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 Cup Natural or Greek Yoghurt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
- 100 g Dark Chocolate
- 80 g Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup All Purpose Flour
- Prepare a 9"x9" baking pan by greasing or lining the try. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- First crush the Oreos and mix with the melted butter.
- Press into the base of the prepared tin and place in the fridge while you make the cheesecake layer.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in the yoghurt, vanilla extract and eggs.
- Finally beat in the icing sugar until smooth.
- Set aside and make the brownie batter.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together.
- Beat the egg, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract together until fluffy.
- Add in the chocolate mixture and mix together.
- Add in the flour and stir until combined.
- Dollop a little of the brownie in the corner of the baking tin.
- Pour some the cheesecake mixture beside the brownie.
- Alternate between the teo mixtures.
- There is enough brownie to cover the bottom of the base so just top with the remaining cheesecake mixture.*
- Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
- The middle should still have a slight wobble but the outsides should be starting to lightly brown.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before placing in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
Leave a Reply