**Photos and post updated in June 2018**
It’s Saturday! Yay! To celebrate I have made Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars: Creamy and smooth cheesecake bars with an Oreo base and with homemade, safe to eat cookie dough dotted throughout.
I first posted this recipe back in 2016 and since then it has become one of my Top 10 Recipes on Lights, Camera, BAKE! That means you know the recipe is GOOD.
In fact, you, my dear readers, love these cookie dough cheesecake bars so much that I just had to update the post, photos and create a short video tutorial for you.
It had nothing to do with the fact that I was craving these cheesecake bars… Nothing to do with that at all….
If you saw my post on Monday you will know that that was for another cheesecake. My Triple Chocolate Cheesecake. I wouldn’t normally post two cheesecakes in one week but the NEW recipe for the triple chocolate cheesecake was just bursting to be shared and I also had a crazy craving for cookie dough. Or maybe I’m just obsessed with cheesecake. Who knows?!
Since 2016, I have made cookie dough cheesecakes many times. I love finding the soft pieces of cookie dough among the creamy texture of the cheesecake.
These are cheesecake bars in the sense that I baked these in a square cake tin rather than a circle spring form pan. I did this with the original post and it has stuck. You all seem to love the fact that these are cookie dough cheesecake bars so I’m not about to change a good thing!
This really is a simple cheesecake that works every time. The only trouble you may run into is cracking on the top. To help avoid this, make sure you let it cool in the oven with the door slightly ajar before allowing it to come to room temperature on the bench and finally placing it into the fridge. If you do get cracking its not the end of the world and doesn’t affect the flavour in any way.
I hope you will make this recipe and see what all the fuss is about! Remember if you do make this, or any of my other recipes, #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured! Also subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos and tutorials.
Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
- 100 g Butter, Softened
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 - 3/4 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 50 g Butter, Melted
- 24 Oreos, Crushed
- 625 g Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Greek Yoghurt
- 1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- To make the Cookie Dough;
- Beat the softened butter, sugar and brown sugar together.
- Beat in the milk and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour and chocolate chips.
- Roll into small tablespoon size balls and place on a lined baking tray.
- Place in the freezer for at least half an hour while you make the rest of the cheesecake bars.
- To make the Cheesecake;
- Grease or line a 9"x9" pan with cooking paper and preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Crush the chocolate biscuits and mix in the melted butter.
- Spread evenly over the base of the pan and refrigerate while making the rest of the cheesecake.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs and yoghurt.
- Finally add the vanilla extract and icing sugar and beat until all combined.
- Stir in the frozen cookie dough balls and pour over the biscuit base.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. The middle should still be slightly wobbly.
- Turn off the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature before placing it in the fridge for 4-8 hours.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.