These Chocolate Cookie Cheesecake Bars are a three layered slice. The first layer is a crunchy Oreo base followed by a creamy cheesecake middle and topped with a rich, chewy and soft chocolate cookie. These are the perfect balance between rich and sweet.
You know I love chocolate… You know I love Oreos… You know I love cheesecake… It was only a matter of time before a recipe like this showed up on Lights, Camera, BAKE!
Not only do we get the chocolate from the crunchy Oreo base but also from the chocolate cookie mixture. I used my favourite chocolate cookie recipe (as seen in these Cookie Dough Chocolate Cookies and this Chocolate Cheesecake Cookie Pie). This chocolate cookie recipe makes soft, chewy and super rich chocolate cookies every single time and I thought the richness from the cocoa in these would balance perfectly with the creaminess and sweetness from the cheesecake.
We have perfect flavour balances in these and perfect texture balances with the crunchy, creamy and soft chewiness but what about all that chocolate?! Is it too much?
The answer to that question is no. Yes there is a lot of chocolate going on in these but somehow its not overwhelming or ‘too much’. I think the tangyness and the vanilla from the cheesecake layer really does counteract strength of the chocolate. Like I said, these have the perfect flavour balance.
I have tried my best to describe how these taste but I really don’t think I can do them justice with words. Honestly I think you will just have to make them to see what I mean…
Happy Baking 🙂
Chocolate Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- 50 g Butter, Melted (1/4 Cup)
- 24 Oreos Crushed
- 625 g Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Greek Yoghurt
- 1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 90 g Butter, Softened Softened
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- Grease or line a 9"x9" pan with cooking paper and preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Crush the chocolate biscuits and mix in the melted butter.
- Spread evenly over the base of the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Now make the chocolate cookie dough.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar and sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla and egg.
- Finally beat in the cocoa, flour, baking powder, baking soda, chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
- Set aside while you make the cheesecake filling.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs and yoghurt.
- Finally add the vanilla extract and icing sugar and beat until all combined.
- Pour over the baked Oreo base.
- Top with chocolate cookie dough, pressing the cookie dough over top in an even layer.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. The amount of time depends on your oven. The middle of the cheesecake should slightly wobble but be set and cooked on the sides and top.
- Turn off the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature before placing it in the fridge for 4-8 hours.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.