Remember the Cookie Pie Week I did last month? The week where I released three different cookie pie recipes? Well this month I’m doing another week filled with one baked treat…. Cupcakes. Welcome to Cupcake Week!
**Photos and post updated 2020** Original post 2016.
This is one of my favourite cupcake recipes and the combination of the rich chocolate cupcakes with a sweet and creamy caramel filling. Chocolate Cupcakes with a Buttery Caramel Filling. These chocolate cupcakes are my go to recipe because they turn out rich and chocolatey, moist and fluffy and melt-in-your-mouth Every. Single. Time. They are then filled with my favourite buttery caramel recipe and topped with a rich chocolate frosting.
I have posted about all these components separately on this blog here, here and here but I have never posted about this combination or explained how much I really love these and how much YOU will too! Click the above links to be taken to each post if you want a more in depth look at how to make each component.
Oh, just look at that gorgeous filling!
I hope you enjoy these Chocolate Cupcakes with a Caramel Filling and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Chocolate Cupcakes with a Buttery Caramel Filling
- 110 g Butter, Softened (1/2 Cup)
- 1 Cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- 1 and 1/3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (200g)
- 20 g Butter (2 Tbsp.)
- 1/4 Cup Golden Syrup (Or Brown Sugar)
- 250 g Icing Sugar
- 20 g Butter, Softened (2 Tbsp.)
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa
- 2 Tbsp. Cream or Milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 12 piece muffin tray.
- Mix the cocoa and boiling water together until the cocoa has dissolved. Place in the fridge to cool.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and baking powder together.
- With the mixer on, add a 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Then add a 1/3 of the cocoa mixture. Continue alternating between the two, always beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the muffin cases and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean and the cupcakes are soft to the touch.
- Place them on a tray to cool completely.
- Place the ingredients in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Stir and wait for the butter and brown sugar to dissolve.
- Bring it nearly to the boil then remove from the heat. Allow it to cool a little before filling your cupcakes.
- Beat the softened butter until creamy.
- Add cocoa and cream or milk and beat.
- Slowly add the icing sugar as the beaters are going. If the mixture is too stiff add a bit more cream until it is the right consistency.
- Place the icing in a piping bag and pipe how ever you wish.
Leave a Reply