**Photos updated 28/02/2017.
Another First Time Recipe…..
Yes it's another recipe..... And yes it is another first for me!
Don't they look yummy?!
They are Chocolate Pecan Squares. The original recipe was called Pecan Squares but I completely overhauled the recipe and turned them into Chocolate Pecan Squares. I can't help that I have an obsession with chocolate....
They tasted fantastic straight out of the oven when they are lovely and warm and soft. However, I began to get worried once they had cooled, as they had gone a bit dry.
I had one the next day. And I found they tasted even better and they weren't at all dry! So please, if you make these and you find them a bit dry right after baking, do not fear! They will taste better the next day.
Chocolate Pecan Squares
- 140 g Butter, Softened
- 1 and ½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ Cup Icing Sugar
- 1 Pinch Salt
- ¾ Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 200 g Dark Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1-2 Cups Chopped Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease a 9"x13" tin.
- In a food processor, combine the butter, icing sugar and flour.
- Mix until the mixture is crumbly and well combined.
- Press into the base of the prepared tin and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool while you make the topping.
- In a saucepan, combine chocolate and condensed milk until the chocolate has melted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the flour and pecans and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture over to base and place in the oven for a further 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and then cut into squares.
Leave a Reply