Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sundae: Homemade cookie dough ice cream, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate fudge sauce and caramel sauce, topped with an ice cream sandwich! This is one showstopping, over-the-top, fit for Hollywood dessert!
All the recipe components for this ice cream sundae are on my blog. From the easy cookie dough ice cream and the chocolate chip cookies, to the chocolate sauce and the buttery caramel sauce! Once you have all the components on hand, all you have to do is layer them up in a tall glass and devour every last bite!
I found it’s best to make the ice cream, cookies and sauces the day before you want to serve these that way you have nothing to worry about except assembling. You could alternatively use all bought ingredients but there is nothing for more delicious or satisfying than making (and eating!) an ice cream sundae from scratch.
If you have tall sundae or milkshake glass use those. I don’t actually own any of those so I used a beer glass for this photo!
If you haven’t already seen, I have released The Ultimate Baking Conversion Booklet! It has only been out a few days and until 21 November it is 50% off! This booklet will become your best friend in the kitchen. I have been using it non stop the past few days so please check it out!
For those of you who don’t know, a large earthquake hit New Zealand a few days ago and since then, we have been hit with thousands of aftershocks! This earthquake was definitely the biggest I’ve ever felt but I know it’s nothing like what Christchurch has already been hit with. We were fortunate not to suffer any damage except loss of sleep but there were many who weren’t so lucky. I’ve also heard there are reports that we may get hit with another large quake. Who really knows what will happen but I for one really hope those reports are wrong!
I hope everyone has a safe, chocolate filled, sundae filled, laughter filled weekend!
Homemade cookie dough ice cream, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate fudge sauce and caramel sauce, topped with an ice cream sandwich!
- 4-6 Scoops Cookie Dough Ice Cream, (my recipe or store bought)
- 10 Crumbled Chocolate Chip Cookies, my recipe or store bought
- 1/2 Cup Caramel Sauce, my recipe or store bought
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Sauce, my recipe or store bought
- 2 Extra Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Ice Cream
- Grab all your ingredients and a large milkshake glass.
- First swirl some for the chocolate sauce in the base. (Around two tablespoons worth)
- Top with a little caramel sauce.
- Top with a small handful of the chocolate chip cookie crumbs.
- Top the cookie crumbs with two scoops of cookie dough ice cream.
- Repeat the process at least once but depending on the height and size of your glass you may get three layers.
- Top the completed sundae with a large drizzle of chocolate sauce and the remaining crushed chocolate chip cookies.
- Take the two extra cookies and create an ice cream sandwich with the vanilla ice cream.
- I put my straw through the ice cream sandwich to serve to make it look 'cool'.
You could top with whipped cream if you like that sort of thing.