Rocky Road Ice Cream is a three ingredient, homemade ice cream filled with a chocolate swirl, marshmallows and peanuts for the ultimate rocky road experience!
This three ingredient, no churn, super quick and easy to make ice cream is my all time favourite ice cream! I will take this homemade ice cream over any others any day of the week.
Not only is it so easy to make but you know what’s in it, you know how its made, there aren’t any strange additives or preservatives and you get the satisfaction and the fun of making ice cream yourself.
Today’s variation of the ice cream is rocky road. I love the flavours of rocky road and I have many variations of rocky road on the blog if you want a rocky road slice. Today we take the classic flavours of chocolate, marshmallow and peanut and add them to ice cream.
We use chopped peanuts (if you don’t like peanuts you could add another nut or omit them altogether.)
I’m not the biggest fan of peanuts so I didn’t add the peanuts all the way through the ice cream and instead saved them and added them as a garnish on anyone’s serving who wanted them. The options are there and what you choose to do is up to you.
Next we use marshmallows. I chopped my marshmallows different sizes ranging from halves, quarters and full size marshmallows. Another option is to use mini marshmallows and save time chopping, I just prefer the taste and texture of regular size marshmallows.
Finally we make a simple chocolate sauce to swirl through the ice cream and that’s i!. You could go one step further and add chocolate chips throughout if you like texture in your ice cream. I personally don’t like crunching through chocolate chips in ice cream but again, this is all down to personal preference.
I hope you enjoy this Rocky Road Ice Cream and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Rocky Road Ice Cream
- 2 and 1/2 Cups Whipping Cream (600mL)
- 1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (397g)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 280 g Marshmallows, Chopped
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Peanuts (65g)
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate (180g)
- 1/2 Cup Milk or Cream (125mL)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Chop the Marshmallows in halves and quarters. Different sizes is good.
- Place the chocolate, milk and vanilla in a small saucepan over a medium heat and stir until melted together.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool while you make the ice cream.
- With a beater, beat the cream until soft peaks form.
- Add the condensed milk and the vanilla extract and lightly beat until it is all combined.
- Add in the chopped marshmallows and chopped peanuts and fold through.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a container.
- Pour the sauce through the ice cream and then using a knife just lightly swirl it through.
- Place in the freezer to set (preferably overnight).
- I have found it is set enough after four hours if you like a soft serve consistency.