*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake is a quick and easy dessert. A bit of a cheat dessert if you will but show stopping none the less!
When I say this is a ‘cheats’ dessert… I mean it.
This takes store bought vanilla and cookies and cream ice cream, oreos, cookies and cream chocolate and all you have to do is assemble!
How easy is that?!
Of course the brand of ice cream can make all the difference with this dessert. The higher the quality of ice cream, the more indulgent the dessert becomes.
If you live in NZ, TipTop is where its at am I right?!
That is one thing I miss being over in Australia. TipTop ice cream is the best and no one can tell me otherwise.
If you want a recipe with homemade ice cream for this, let me know in the comments below.
Also let me know what brand of ice cream is your favourite!
I hope you enjoy this Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake
- 42 Oreos, Crushed (199.5g or 1 and 1/2 packets)
- 3 Tbsp. Butter, Melted (45g)
- 1000 g Vanilla Ice Cream (1.5L or 1kg)
- 325 g Cookies and Cream Ice Cream (500ml)
- 14 Oreos, Broken into pieces (66.5g or 1/2 packet)
- 3/4 Cups Cookies and Cream Chocolate, Melted (135g)
- Line and grease a 20cm round springform cake pan.
- Crush the Oreos and mix with the melted butter.
- Press into the base of the cake pan and place in the fridge.
- Soften both ice creams. You want them slightly melted to the point where you can easily dollop and spread the ice cream over the base.
- First spread half of the vanilla ice cream over the oreo base in an even layer.
- Spread the cookies and cream ice cream over that in an even layer.
- Repeat with the remaining vanilla ice cream and place in the freezer for an hour or two to set.
- Slightly crush and break into pieces the Oreos and sprinkle them over the top of the ice cream cake, however you wish.
- You can then melt and drizzle over the cookies and cream chocolate and place the cake back in the freezer or wait until you will serve the cake and drizzle just before serving so the chocolate isn't hard.
- With or without the chocolate drizzle, place the ice cream cake back in the freezer for at least another two hours to let the ice cream completely set and then serve.
Leave a Reply