**Post and photos updated June 2020 from 2018**
Hazelnut Chocolate Crumble Bars are a soft chocolate cookie base with a melting Nutella filling and topped with a chocolate and hazelnut crumble.
I am so excited to be sharing this recipe with you! It contains all my favourites! Chocolate, hazelnuts and Nutella! We have a soft chocolate cookie base with an ooey gooey Nutella and chocolate middle and a hazelnut, chocolate crumble topping! What more could you want from a recipe?
These hazelnut chocolate crumble bars were an absolute hit with everyone who had them. I believe they lasted all of two days before all the pieces mysteriously disappeared.
The base is based off of my chocolate cookie cheesecake bars recipe as this always results in a soft and chewy, rich and dark chocolate cookie. Exactly what want when we pair it with the sweet Nutella filling.
Top this with a rich and crunchy hazelnut crumble and you have yourself a rich and decadent afternoon pick me up, comforting dessert or yummy sweet treat.
I call this a sophisticated crumble slice as it is quite rich. I reduced the sugar in the cookie base and the crumble as mush as possible to make the contrast between the dark chocolate and the sweet Nutella really noticeable. This resulted in a very rich and dark dessert with the addition of Nutella. Nutella is now sophisticated! #hooray.
How to make these bars
Nothing beats hazelnuts and chocolate together and crumbles instantly have a comforting feel to them. These Hazelnut Chocolate Crumble Bars are for the serious Nutella and hazelnut chocolate fans out there!
I hope you enjoy these Hazelnut Chocolate Crunch Bars and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Hazelnut Chocolate Crumble Bars
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened (110g)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (90g)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (50g)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa (24g)
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (120g)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4-1 Cup Nutella (222-396g)
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Buttons (50g)
- 1 Tbsp. Cocoa (6g)
- 1 Cup *Roasted Hazelnuts, Crushed (70g)
- 1/3 Cup All Purpose Flour (45g)
- 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats (22g)
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar (50g)
- 1/3 Cup Butter, Melted (75g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line an 8"x8" baking pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the cocoa, flour, baking soda and baking powder until all combined.
- Press into the base of your prepared tin.
- Spread over the Nutella (how much you use depends on personal taste) and sprinkle over the chocolate buttons.
- Place the cocoa, crushed hazelnuts, flour, rolled oats and brown sugar together.
- Pour over the melted butter and mix to a crumble texture.
- Sprinkle over the crumble and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.