Cookie Cups have featured a couple of times on this blog (here and here). In fact, the Peanut Butter Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups were featured on StupidDOPE. You all seem to love them so rest assured you will love these too!
In fact the Caramel Hot Fudge Cookie Cups may just be my favourite so far! These caramel hot fudge cookie cups are a chocolate chip cookie baked in a muffin tin and filled with a homemade hot fudge sauce and homemade caramel.
There really isn’t much more in life that is better than this.
I used my trusty caramel filling recipe for the caramel as it sets and isn’t too runny. It also has a sweeter and richer flavour than traditional caramels so it pairs perfectly with the rich, dark chocolate hot fudge sauce. This hot fudge sauce was featured in my Hot Fudge Cookie Pie so we know it goes well with chocolate chip cookies.
For the outside cookie recipe I went for the same recipe used for the Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. I wanted a cookie that I knew didn’t spread, held its shape and the amount of dough the recipe makes means we get a thicker cookie outside to these cookie cups.
We end up with soft, chewy, thick cookie cups packed full of chocolate chips. (I opted for milk chocolate chips to stand out from the dark chocolate in the hot fudge sauce but you can use whatever chocolate chips you wish.)
I am in my last days of my Australian holiday and then its back to reality :(. I still can’t get over the weather! The winter is like our summer. I even got sun burnt!
Caramel Hot Fudge Cookie Cups
- 1 Cup Butter, Softened (210g)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (150g)
- 2/3 Cup White Sugar (140g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 and 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour (435g)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips (270g)
- 1/2 Tin Condensed Milk (200g)
- 2 Tbsp. Butter (20g)
- 2 Tbsp. Golden Syrup (45g)
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar (30g)
Hot Fudge Sauce;
- 2 Tbsp. Golden Syrup (45g)
- 3/4 Cup Dark Chocolate (150g)
- 1/4 Cup Butter (55g)
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- First make the caramel.
- Place the ingredients in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Stir and wait for the butter and brown sugar to dissolve.
- Bring it nearly to the boil then remove from the heat. Allow it to cool while you make the hot fudge chocolate sauce.
- Place the golden syrup, dark chocolate, butter and milk in a saucepan over a low heat and melt together.
- Set aside while you make the cookie dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a muffin tin thoroughly.
- With an electric mixer, beat the softened butter until creamy and add the two sugars creaming together.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well in between. Add the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking soda together.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients in batches. The batter will be quite stiff.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir in.
- Press two thirds of the cookie dough in the base and up the sides of each muffin case.
- Pour in around about two tablespoons of hot fudge sauce in each cookie cup.
- Top with a heaped tablespoon of the caramel sauce.
- Flatten the rest of the cookie dough and top each cookie cup.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the tops and sides are golden and firm to the touch.
- Allow them to cool in the muffin tray before removing them.
Allow to cool completely if you don't want the caramel and hot fudge sauce to spill out of the cookie cup or alternatively place in the fridge for 2-3 hours if you want a solid center.