These bars have something for everyone one and have just about every baking ingredient in them. They are aptly named Kitchen Cupboard Bars.
These bars are loosely adapted from my Easter Funfetti Bars. Although they’re not Easter related….. Or have funfetti in them… Really the base recipe is the thing that connects these. In the Kitchen Cupboard Bars we have M&Ms, KitKats, Caramello, Mars Bars, popping candy chocolate, chocolate chips, white chocolate and to top it all off, a chocolate spread swirl.
You can say it.
a little insane.
But it’s okay because you get this marvelous, gooey creation out of my insanity.
These came about when i was trying to use up random small amounts of leftover confectionery and believe me, there was much more in the test recipe! Since it tasted so delicious (I mean, how could it not?), I decided to develop a proper recipe and so, here we are.
The M&Ms and chocolate chips are the essential chocolate element while the Mars Bars and the Caramello add the sweet chew factor. The KitKats add the much needed crunch and the popping candy… Well…. That adds to the fun factor.
If you don’t have one or two of those candy bars, don’t worry. They’re called Kitchen Cupboard Bars for a reason and you can just omit or replace any of the listed candy bars with your favourite. These are not only great for using up leftover confectionery but also a perfect treat to serve at parties. Or anytime if you’re like me. #Don’tNeedAnExcuse #JustMakeThese
Kitchen Cupboard Bars
- 3/4 Cup and 2 Tbsp. Butter, Melted (200g)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar (150g)
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar (70g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Cornflour (30g)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 and 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour (280g)
- 1/2 Cup M&Ms (120g)
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips (45g)
- 4 KitKat Fingers, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup White Chocolate (45g)
- 1 Mars Bar, Chopped
- 150 g Caramello Chocolate Bar, Chopped (or Rolos)
- 150 g Popping Candy Chocolate Bar, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Nutella (150g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9" baking pan with baking paper.
- Beat the melted butter, sugar and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and the vanilla extract and beat.
- Add in the cornflour, baking powder and flour and mix until all combined.
- Mix in all the confectionary.
- Gently swirl through the Nutella (I find melting it helps).
- Spread the mixture in the baking pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes. Check the bars at 25 minutes the outside and top should be set but the middle slightly wobbly. If it is too 'underdone' for you, baking for a further 10 minutes.
WOW!! Amazing. I made this for my kids and I tonight and when they first tasted this, their eyes lit up! I followed your recipe, with no extra additions, and it was wonderful! Thank you for sharing this easy and delicious recipe.
That’s awesome! Thank you so much for you’re lovely comment :). I’m so glad you loved the recipe!
OMG – I know what I’m doing with the leftover Easter chocolate now! My kids are going to go nuts for these. Thanks for the recipe!
These are perfect for leftover Easter chocolate! You’re very welcome, I hope you enjoy them 🙂