Maple Pecan Bars are a soft, chewy and gooey maple cookie bar filled with chocolate chips and chopped pecans for a sweet and nutty cookie bar.
It’s Friday finally and I am seriously in need of about 10 of these bars! What a week. The beginning of university again and to say this week has been hectic is an understatement.
Not only have I discovered I am majorly under prepared for university, I also joined an entrepreneurial group for start ups and am in the process of moving… Phew! I’ll be glad when everything settles down and I can take a breath. And get back to baking of course!
I’m also trying to put myself out there more and meet new people. So far so good but sometimes I just need some alone time and today is that day! I have nothing planned other than eating these maple pecan bars! Seriously. Netflix and these pecan bars. (Who else is binging The Umbrella Academy?).
How to make the Maple Pecan Bars
The bars themselves are insanely easy. The base recipe is from my candied maple pecan chocolate chip cookies recipe. The cookie recipe is to die for. Soft and chewy with plenty of maple syrup flavour! Be sure to use pure maple syrup not the fake stuff or pancake syrup. Trust me its not the same and those are terrible for you and your health. Just don’t.
I love a good 100% pure Canadian maple syrup. Nothing beats the flavour.
The rest of the recipe is just a basic cookie dough with plenty of chocolate chips and chopped pecans. You could go crazy and add walnuts, almonds, macadamias… Whatever nut you like! I just find maple and pecan goes together beautifully.
I hope you enjoy these Maple Pecan Bars and I truly hope yo give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Maple Pecan Bars
- 1 Cup Butter, Melted (200g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100g)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar (180g)
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup (161g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp. Cornflour (Cornstarch)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 and 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour (420g)
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (180g)
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans (125g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9"x9" baking pan with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and in a bowl, mix the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar together.
- Add in the maple syrup, egg and vanilla extract and mix together.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cornflour.
- Finally mix in the chocolate chips and pecans and spread into an even layer in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for around 20-25 minutes. The bars should have a few loose crumbs attached to a skewer inserted in the middle of the bars.
- Allow the bars to cool for 10 minutes before devouring!
Leave a Reply