**Post and photos updated March 2020**
M&M Caramel Cookie Bars are a soft, chewy and ooey gooey chocolate chip cookie baked in a slice pan with a thick layer of sweet and buttery caramel running through the middle. With the addition of M&Ms to take these gooey cookie bars over-the-top and add a pop of colour.
A few months ago I shared my all time favourite thing to bake which was my Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. This recipe is one I have developed over years of making and adjusting to make them as perfect as can be. Gooey and indulgent. Sweet and buttery. Melty with crunchy edges. I in my original caramel chocolate chip cookie bars post that I made these almost every week before I started this blog.
Now the original recipe is perfect on it’s own. BUT… This is Lights, Camera, BAKE! and we like to change things up and experiment in the kitchen.
We have M&M Caramel Cookie Bars. They’re essentially the same as the caramel chocolate chip cookie bars but we add M&Ms as well as chocolate chips. Why?
Because why not? Also M&Ms taste amazing! They add colour and they add an extra crunch to the gooiness of these bars. Not to mention there are many different flavours of M&Ms on the market. You can replace regular M&Ms for any of the others. Peanut, caramel, dark chocolate or – my personal favourite – crisp M&Ms.
I could go on and on about how easy and fantastic these M&M Caramel Cookie Bars are but what more incentive do you really need to make these bars? I mean, they have M&Ms and they’re gooey!
Go on. Make them!
I have a video on my YouTube Channel! Nutella vs Cheaper alternatives! You can check that out here.
I hope you enjoy these M&M Caramel Cookie Bars and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos!
M&M Caramel Cookie Bars
- 3/4 Cups and 3 Tbsp. Butter, Softened (200g)
- 3/4 Cups Brown Sugar (140g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 and 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour (280g)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2/3 Cups Chocolate Chips (140g)
- 1 Cup M&Ms (210g)
- 1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (397g)
- 1/4 Cup Butter (55g)
- 1/4 Cup Golden Syrup (90g)
- Place the condensed milk, butter and golden syrup in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Stir and wait for the butter to melt.
- Bring it nearly to the boil then remove from the heat. Allow the caramel to cool while you make the chocolate chip cookie bars.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 9"x13" baking tin with butter or non stick cooking spray.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla essence and beat until smooth.
- Add in the flour and baking powder and mix. Finally add the chocolate chips and M&Ms and mix together.
- Spread half of the chocolate chip cookie dough in an even layer in the base of the prepared pan.
- Spread over the caramel.
- Top with the remaining cookie dough in little blobs.
- (Optional to sprinkle over more M&Ms.)
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. The top and sides will be golden and set but the middle will wobble.
- Place in the fridge until set completely to cut into neat squares or dig in with a spoon straight from the oven!
Leave a Reply