I have a tasty, no bake, four ingredient treat for you today…. M&M Fudge. A simple three ingredient fudge packed full of M&Ms. It takes no time at all to make and mine was set in less than fifteen minutes so really you can be enjoying this fudge in under half an hour. If that doesn’t get you excited I don’t know what will….
Fudge can seem a bit daunting and people are often put off from trying to make it. I know I was. It wasn’t until last year that I actually attempted making ‘proper’ fudge with the sugar and boiling until a soft ball forms and trying to get it to the perfect melt-in-the-mouth setting point etc, etc. Let’s just say my attempt was… Unsuccessful… Don’t worry, I plan on attempting ‘proper’ fudge again and I hope I can work out a few easy hints and tips to share with you all. In the mean time, I’m going to stick to the easy three ingredient fudge.
This recipe first appeared in my Peanut Butter Chocolate Layer Fudge recipe. I instantly fell in love with not only how easy this fudge was to make but also how exceptionally delicious and sweet it was. It has the rich chocolate, the sweet condensed milk and the soft melting texture that we want with fudge.
The recipe is so easy it really doesn’t need much explaining. You melt the chocolate, add it to the condensed milk and vanilla essence and stir. That really is all there is to it.
This recipe, however, requires one last step… M&Ms. Lots and lots of M&Ms…. We’re talking one to one and half cups of M&Ms! This is seriously M&M, rainbow heaven.
The amount of M&Ms you use is really to your own taste. Do you want a really crunchy fudge or a softer fudge with less crunch? I personally chose to use around two thirds to three quarters of a cup of M&Ms in these and then I used around another half a cup for the top and decoration.
I hope everyone’s Easter weekend and holiday is off to a great start. Remember to check out all the yummy Easter Treats on LCB for inspiration on the dessert side of Easter. Since the weather has turned wet and cold, I’m going to curl up with a blanket, a piece of this M&M Fudge and a movie.
- 1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (397g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 and 1/4 Cups Chocolate Chips, Melted (400g)
- 1 and 1/2 Cups M&Ms (280g)
- Line an 8" pan with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Place the condensed milk and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and mic until all combined.
- Stir in the M&Ms. (I used around 3/4 of cup but you can use anywhere from 1/2 a cup to a whole cup).
- Pour into the prepared pan and spread in an even layer.
- Top with another half a cup of M&Ms and press into the top to decorate.
- Place in the fridge to set. Mine was firm enough to slice into pieces in 30 minutes so it depends on your fridge.
Leave a Reply