No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are a crushed digestive biscuit (graham cracker) and peanut butter base with a rich chocolate ganache topped bar. These are crunchy sweet and taste just like a Reeces Peanut Butter Cup.
So this is my first day in Australia! I mentioned in my post that I was heading across the ditch and in my last post that I was going on Thursday. Well Thursday has come and gone much quicker than I thought possible and I’m now here. In Australia. With no return ticket. Yet… #anxietyisthroughtheroof
As you can imagine the weather is beautiful but HOT. Like scorching hot and, off topic, but is it weird that like half of my bags contained chocolate and a few baking bits and bobs? Clothes? Who needs em!
Right back to the recipe at hand.
We all know I LOVE peanut butter and chocolate together as a flavour combination and in this heat, what better than a no bake treat? No oven required, only six ingredients needed and 15 minutes of your time.
As you will see from the video below these no bake bake chocolate peanut butter bars come together super quick and super easy. One note I will make is I use an all natural peanut butter with no additives. Just peanuts and salt. I prefer the flavour and texture of these all natural peanut butters but any peanut butter will work.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 250 g Digestive Biscuits (Graham Crackers)
- 1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
- 40 g Butter, Melted (2 Tbsp.)
- 1 and 1/4 Cups Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 150 g Chocolate
- 120 mL Cream
- Crush the digestive biscuits and line an 8"x8" baking pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the crushed biscuits, icing sugar, melted butter, peanut butter and vanilla extract to a bowl and mix together.
- Spread in an even layer in the baking pan and place in the fridge for an hour to set.
- While the base is setting make the chocolate ganache.
- Heat the cream until nearly boiling and pour over the chocolate and let it set for five minutes and then stir until smooth and glossy.
- Pour over the base and place back in the fridge until the ganache sets.