No Bake White Chocolate Caramel slice combines a crushed biscuit base (with a twist), a gooey, buttery caramel middle and a sweet white chocolate top! This is a slice you definitely want to have in your repertoire as an easy, no bake, crowd pleasing sweet treat that everyone will love!
I love no bake tray-bakes because they’re quick and easy to prepare, usually require minimal ingredients and effort and the best part is you don’t have to turn on the oven so there will be no forgetting that you’re cooking and ending up with a burnt dessert! It happens to the best of us. I forgot I was baking a cake yesterday…. *sigh*
Luckily for us burnt cake is not on the menu for today folks!
No bake white chocolate caramel slice consists of three main components. The crushed biscuit base which is a mixture of arrowroot biscuits and butter. I did say there was a twist and I’ll get to that in a moment. I chose to use arrowroot biscuits in place of digestives (graham crackers) as I felt the milky-like flavour from the arrowroot would really compliment the caramel and white chocolate more than a wholemeal biscuit would. I was not wrong! If you can get your hands on arrowroot biscuits then definitely use those. If not, you can substitute with graham crackers or digestives.
The twist I mentioned above is that I also mixed melted white chocolate into the butter for the base to really enhance the white chocolate element of this slice.
I didn’t call this a caramel white chocolate slice for nothing!
The second component is the all important layer of caramel. I used the caramel recipe from my Buttery Caramel Oat Slice because the caramel is the BEST caramel you will ever make/taste/eat/devour! Seriously. It’s THAT good.
This caramel is sweet, but buttery and rich, it holds its shape once set and just melts in the mouth.
The last component is the white chocolate top which is just melted white chocolate. The key is to slice while the white chocolate is not quite set so you avoid the cracking in the chocolate.
Once the slice has set in the fridge you have a crunchy, milky base, a soft, rich and buttery filling and sweet cracking white chocolate top…. Perfect!
My latest video for my Caramel Date Oat Bars is out now on my YouTube Channel so make sure you check that out. Also remember to #lightscamerabake on Instagram if you make any of my recipes. I love seeing your creations!
No Bake White Chocolate Caramel Slice
- 3 Cups Arrowroot Biscuits, Crushed (250g)
- 1/3 Cup White Chocolate Chips (75g)
- 1/3 Cup Butter, Melted (75g)
- 1/2 Cup Butter (110g)
- 1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (397g)
- 1/4 Cup Golden Syrup (90g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 and 1/4 Cups White Chocolate (225g)
- First either line a 9" baking tin with non stick paper or grease it with non stick cooking spray.
- Crush the arrowroot biscuits and melt the butter and white chocolate together.
- Mix the butter mixture with the crushed biscuits and press into the prepared tin in an even layer.
- Next make the caramel filling.
- Place the condensed milk, golden syrup and butter in a saucepan on a medium heat and allow them to melt together.
- Once it has all come together take off the heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Pour over the base and spread in an even layer.
- Place in the fridge to set the caramel for at least two hours.
- Once nearly set, melt the white chocolate and spread over the caramel.
- Allow the white chocolate to set slightly at room temperature before slicing and then placing in the fridge to fully set.
- I would give this at least two more hours but you could check it after one.