**Original posted 2017. Photos and post updated 2020**
This cookies and cream crunch slice or cookies and cream rocky road or KitKat rocky road – whatever you want to call it – was one of my first attempts at completely creating a recipe from scratch with zero recipe. I loved the result but the pictures didn’t do this recipe justice and it was posted when I didn’t have a lot of you guys, my dear readers, so here we are today!
This Cookies and Cream Crunch Slice include layers of chocolate mixed with crushed digestives (graham crackers) and cookies and cream KitKats topped with white chocolate mixed with crushed Oreos and cookies and cream KitKats. There may be dollops of Nutella throughout the middle for a smooth filling among the crunches of KitKats!
So my freezer is full. Like overly full with all the creations I’ve been baking lately. I made a promise to myself not to bake anything for a few weeks to try to make a dent in the things I already have. So what do I do? The next day I find myself in the kitchen – very sneakily- concocting this bad boy.
This is my first ‘chocolate bar’ here on LCB. The closest thing to a chocolate bar would be any of my rocky road recipes. After the success of this you can be sure there will be plenty more of these chocolate bars in the future!
How to make the Cookies and Cream Crunch Slice
The video below shows how easy this recipe is to make but I thought I would provide some step-by-step image to assist as well.
Side note: Do you like the step by step images? Do you want them in future posts? Let me know in the comments!
I hope you enjoy this Cookies and Cream Crunch Slice and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos!
Cookies and Cream Crunch Slice
- 1 Packet Oreos (around 14 Oreos), Broken into small pieces
- 1 Packet Golden Oreos (around 14 Oreos), Broken into small pieces Broken into small pieces
- 170 g Block of Cookies and Cream KitKats, Broken into small pieces
- 200 g Chocolate, Melted
- 200 g White Chocolate, Melted
- 150 g Nutella
- 110 g Butter
- 170 g Golden Syrup
- Line an 9" baking tray with non stick paper and set aside.
- Place the broken Oreos and half of the block of Kitkats (broken into small pieces) into a bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate, half of the butter (1/4 cup) and half of the golden syrup (1/4 cup) together and pour through the Oreos and Kitkats and mix together.
- Pour into the base of the baking pan and spread into an even layer.
- You want to do the last two steps quickly as the chocolate will begin to set.
- Dollop over the Nutella in teaspoon size dollops.
- Place the broken digestives and remaining broken up packet of KitKats in a bowl.
- Melt the chocolate, remaining butter and golden syrup together and mix into the digestives and KitKats quickly.
- Pour over the top of the Nutella and spread quickly but gently.
- Place in the fridge for 15 minutes and then slice and place back in the fridge until set.
- It's much easier to slice when the crunch bars aren't fully set and hard.