Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookie Bars are soft and melt-in-the-mouth peanut butter cookie bars filled with chocolate chips, marshmallows and the secret ingredient… Caramel!
These peanut butter marshmallow cookie bars are based on my Caramel Peanut Butter Slice recipe. The recipe has been such a hit with everyone I give these too raving about the texture and the flavours that I just had to make another variation of this slice!
Just look at that oozing caramel and melting marshmallows! Never fear, if you don’t like gooey desserts *gasp*, you can allow these to set in the fridge before slicing and eating and you will end up with a sturdy slice that is suitable for lunchboxes or a dessert to serve after dinner.
As well as the video below showing the making of these delicious cookie bars, I have also included some step by step photos. Please let me know if you want more of the step by step photos in future posts!
How to make the Peanut butter Marshmallow Cookie Bars
First I make my trusty caramel sauce recipe. Then I get onto the cookie dough.
For the cookie dough we need the sugars in a large bowl and the melted butter and peanut butter needs to be mixed with this. I always use an all natural peanut butter like this one but you can use a regular peanut butter if you prefer.
Mix all the wet ingredients together and then add the flour and the chocolate chips. Once mixed, the dough will be soft but slightly crumbly.
Press half the mixture into a 9″x9″ square baking pan, top with the caramel sauce and marshmallows and then top with the remaining cookie dough and bake!
People often ask me what the pink is in my marshmallow recipes. In New Zealand and Australia our marshmallows are from the brand Pascalls, and they contain both white and pink marshmallows.
I hope you enjoy these Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookie Bars and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos!
Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookie Bars
- 60 g Butter
- 2/3 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup and 1 Tbsp. Milk or Cream
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough;
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Smooth Peanut Butter (375g)
- 150 g Butter (2/3 Cup)
- 1 and 1/4 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 and 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 130 g Regular Marshmallows (Around 1 and 1/2 Cups of Regular marshmallows)
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan on a medium to high heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the milk and bring to the boil.
- Boil for at least 2 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Allow to cool while you make the peanut butter cookie dough.
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough;
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line an 9"x9" baking pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Melt the butter and peanut butter together.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the brown sugar, sugar and melted butters into the bowl and mix together.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and chocolate chips and mix until all combined. The mixture should be wet but slightly crumbly.
- Press half of the mixture into the prepared pan. Pour over the caramel sauce and then top with the marshmallows. Dollop the remaining dough over in an even layer.
- Bake for around 25-30 minutes. The top and sides will be lightly golden and the middle will only have a slight wobble.