*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Pecan Pie Cheesecake. All the elements of a perfect pecan pie and perfect baking vanilla cheesecake merged to create this showstopper of a dessert!
Can you believe I don’t have a pecan pie recipe on this blog! I must be crazy to omit a classic recipe like that.
Don’t worry, a proper pecan pie recipe is in the works. But in the meantime, you can enjoy the cheesecake version!
This recipe takes an adapted version of my perfect vanilla cheesecake recipe and tope that with a pecan pie filling.
The key to a perfect baked cheesecake
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature. The cream cheese will be easier to beat and result in a lump free, smooth texture.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven with the door ajar for at least an hour – but preferably two – before removing and placing on the bench to come to room temperature. I know this seems excessive and we – me included – are all guilty of skipping this step but it really does help prevent a cracked top. I’ll admit and say I only waited 30 minutes before removing but do this at your on risk!
- Allow the cheesecake to come completely to room temperature before placing it in the fridge. Again this helps prevent the cracking and sinking, particularly with the pecan pie filling!
How to make the Pecan Pie Cheesecake
I hope you enjoy these Pecan Pie Cheesecake and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- 3 Cups Digestive Biscuits (Graham Crackers), Crushed (250g)
- 1/2 Cup Pecans, Crushed (50g)
- 1/3 Cup Butter, Melted (75g)
- 2 and 1/2 Cups Cream Cheese (625g)
- 1 Cup Greek Yoghurt or Sour Cream (250g)
- 2/3 Cups Icing Sugar (90g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Pecan Pie Topping;
- 2/3 Cups Golden Syrup (117g)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (110g)
- 1/4 Cup Butter (55g)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 and 2/3 Cups Pecans, Chopped into pieces (180g)
- 1/4 Cup Cream (62ml)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Grease or line a 9" square or round baking pan with cooking paper and preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Crush the digestive biscuits and pecans and mix in the melted butter.
- Spread evenly over the base of the pan and refrigerate while making the rest of the cheesecake.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs and Greek Yoghurt (or sour cream).
- Finally add the vanilla extract and icing sugar and beat until all combined.
- Pour over the biscuit base in an even layer.
- Tap on the bench a few times to release any air bubbles.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Pecan Pie Layer;
- Place the butter, golden syrup, brown sugar and vanilla in a large saucepan and on medium to high heat, bring to the boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes then remove from the heat and stir through the chopped pecans.
- Allow to cool.
- Beat the cream, eggs and salt together.
- Stir this through the cooled pecan mixture.
- Take the cheesecake out of the oven and top it with the pecan pie topping before place it back in the oven for a further 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature in the oven before placing it in the fridge for 4-8 hours.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.