These cookies take chocolate chunk cookies to the NEXT LEVEL using REAL chocolate! Yep, real chocolate is chopped up and thrown in the cookies. You’re welcome.
REAL Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Cookies are a soft and chewy vanilla cookie with chunks of real chocolate throughout making them the most indulgent of chocolate chip cookies. A winner chocolate chip cookie.
By adding chopped chocolate as a apposed to chocolate chips or chunks means we get the flavour of your favourite chocolate brand. If you could turn any chocolate brand into a cookie, what would it be? Choose one and throw it in the cookie mixture!
Real chocolate will also melt and spread through the cookies more making these ultra gooey and ensuring there is chocolate in every single bite. Chocolate chips and chocolate chunks are created to hold their shape and not completely melt in the oven. Real chocolate is not like that which means real chocolate = more melty goodness.
If all of the above still hasn’t convinced you to make these real chocolate chocolate chuck cookies then maybe this will…. By chopping your own chocolate you get as large or as small chunks as you like. Also, as you slice chocolate you get little shavings of chocolate from the knife which, if not eaten beforehand, will spread throughout the cookie. See the mottled effect in the cookies in my pictures? That’s the chocolate shavings!
I hope you enjoy these cookies and as always #lightscamerabake on Instagram if you make this or any of my other recipes. I’m heading off to Australia on Thursday but don’t worry, be sure to check back here on Friday for a fun no bake recipe… It contains peanut butter and chocolate!
Have a happy week x.
REAL Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 3/4 Cups Butter, Softened (170g)
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar (130g)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (50g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour (240g)
- 2 Tbsp. Cornflour (15g)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 and 1/4 Cups Chocolate, Chopped (225g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar and icing sugar together.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Beat in the cornflour, flour and baking soda and mix until all combined into a soft dough.
- Chop the chocolate into chunks.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Roll into balls and place on the tray leaving at least 1 and 1/2" between each cookie to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 10 minutes. They will look under done but the harden as they cool.
Leave a Reply