S’moreo Cookie Bars are based on my S’moreo Cookies and contain Oreo’s in place of digestive biscuits (Graham Crackers) for the biscuit part of the s’mores. They are surrounded by gooey chocolate chip cookie dough, marshmallows and chocolate buttons!
It’s been awhile.
I apologise for the lack of social media posts, blog posts, recipes and my silence over the past few weeks. Its the longest I’ve ever been away from my blog since I started!
This has been due to travel (I’m back in New Zealand for a couple of months), finishing university assignments for the year (finally finished yay!) and technical issues on the blog that has me discouraged and feeling like I should just give up altogether.
Luckily for you (and me), my baking obsession has not stopped and I have months worth of recipes already photographed and ready to go so giving up blogging doesn’t seem like an option!
I just want to take a moment to thank each and everyone of you who support the blog, read my posts, make my recipes, follow my journey on social media and in any other way support me. It truly means the world and not to get too sappy but if it weren’t for you, I would have given up a long time ago. Without you I wouldn’t be here so thank you!
Right… On to the recipe.
S’moreo Cookie Bars
Today’s recipe is probably one of my favourites. Of all time! I made this three – yes THREE! – times in one week. These S’moreo Cookie Bars are filled with chocolate chips, chocolate buttons, Oreos and marshmallows all baked in a soft, chewy and gooey cookie bar.
I hope you enjoy these S’moreo Cookie Bars and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
S’moreo Cookie Bars
the s'mores. They are surrounded by gooey chocolate chip cookie dough,
marshmallows and chocolate buttons!
- 9"x9" Square Baking Pan
- 1 Cup Butter, Partially Melted (220g)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (130g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 and 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour (330g)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (180g)
- 16 Oreo Cookies
- 1 Cup Chocolate Buttons (180g)
- 12-14 Marshmallows, OR 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9"x9" baking pan with baking paper.
- Beat the partially melted butter until creamy and add the brown sugar and sugar creaming them together.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well in between. Add the vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour and baking powder and mix together.
- Add the chocolate chips and crush 2 of the Oreo cookies and stir in to the batter.
- Spread half of the cookie dough into the base of the baking pan.
- Top with the remaining 14 Oreos, spread around the base.
- Sprinkle over the chocolate buttons in an even layer.
- Place the marshmallows around on top. Some can be halved, others whole, until they are spread around reasonably evenly. Remember they will spread when baking.
- Dot over the remaining cookie dough so the marshmallows and Oreos are mostly covered.
- Bake for around 25-35 minutes. The middle will wobble due to the marshmallows but the tops and sides will be lightly golden. I take mine out at 25 minutes for a more gooey, slightly under-baked cookie dough.
Leave a Reply