S’moreo Cookies are chewy chocolate chip cookies stuffed with Oreo s’mores for a surprise Oreo, marshmallow and chocolate gooey center.
Happy Friyay all! Also newarly Happy Birthday to me. In two days, I will be celebrating my birthday. I’m nto sure how and it really doesn’r feel like my birthday (seriously, where does the time go?!) but you can bet I’ll be using my birthday as an excuse to celebrate.
Like I did when I made these cookies….
These S’moreo Cookies….
You’ll see that in the video below.
What exactly ARE S’moreo Cookies?
S’moreo Cookies are s’mores made with Oreos reather than graham crackers. (I believe I saw the name s’moreo somewhere on the internet) and I have made a classic s’more with an Oreo half on the base, a marshmallow and a piece of chocolate in the middle with the other Oreo half on top.
I couldn’t just stop at a s’moreo. Heck no! These are for my birthday! So I wrapped up the gorgeous s’moreo in a soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie dough and baked them into cookies.
I based the cookies off my Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies as the dough is light, chewy and soft but strong enough to hold a filling.
What we’re left with are giant chocolate chip cookies with a surprise, ooey gooey middle of Oreos, marshmallows and chocolate.
The video shows you how to make these cookies and includes a little bit of a vlog style video over the classic just standard recipe video which I hope you enjoy.
One last thing… Is it bad to eat 10 cookies in a day? Asking for friend…
I hope you enjoy these S’moreo Cookies and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
- 1 Cup Butter, Softened (220g)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (130g)
- 2/3 Cups Sugar (150g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 and 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour (420g)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips (270g)
- 15 Oreos, Halved
- 15 Marshmallows
- 15 Pieces of Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- With an electric mixer, beat the softened butter until creamy and add the brown sugar and sugar creaming them together.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well in between. Add the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and baking soda together.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients in batches. The batter will be quite stiff.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir in.
- Divide the Oreos in half and place a marshmallow and piece of chocolate on one half and top that with the remaining half of the Oreo. You should have 15 S'moreo stacks.
- Flatten a piece of cookie dough in your hand and place a S'moreo stack in the middle of the flattened dough. Wrap around the stack and seal the edges together around the Oreo and place on the baking tray.
- Bake for around 10-12 minutes. The dough will still be a little soft to the touch.