Ingredients From a Hat
Welcome to my new series of videos and blogs!
One day I was baking, when I came up with a brilliant idea! Why not take a whole lot of different ingredients, throw them in a hat and randomly select some and make up a recipe involving those chosen ingredients?!
I thought it was a great idea (if I do say so myself) and I have never seen this done before so I hope I am the first to do this.
I made some ground rules:
- Must pull out at least 3 ingredients
- Must be an original recipe.
The first combination I got was Chocolate Chips, Condensed Milk and Crushed Biscuits. Not too bad really. the problem is not going straight to my cookbooks to get ideas. I finally came up with a S’mores type slice. It was a success and that is how these Sticky S’mores Bars Came about.
Because it was a success, I plan on doing many more of these to see what interesting combinations I come up with!
Sticky S'mores Bars
- 250 g Digestive Biscuits (Graham Crackers), Crushed
- 80 g Butter, Melted
- 1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (400g)
- 3 Tbsp. Cocoa
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips, Optional
- 2 Cups Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 9"x13" tin.
- Crush the biscuits and melt the butter.
- Mix together and spread over the base of the slice tin. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix the cocoa and condensed milk together.
- Pour over the slightly cooled biscuit base.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on the condensed milk mixture (optional).
- Sprinkle the marshmallows over top and return to oven for a further 20 minutes or until the marshmallows are nice a toasted.
Let me know what you think.