Unicorn Cheesecake is a rainbow swirl baked cheesecake. So pretty, fun and surprisingly easy to make! The perfect vanilla cheesecake turned Unicorn Cheesecake!
The ‘unicorn food’ trend started a few years ago now and although I don’t see as many ‘unicorn’ things in my Insta feed, I still get the occasional new unicorn recipe that demonstrates the love for unicorns and unicorn themed foods is still alive and well.
I thought I would officially jump on the Unicorn food band wagon with a rainbow Unicorn Cheesecake. (If you are a unicorn hater you can refer to this as a rainbow cheesecake).
I have made Rainbow M&M Blondies in the past as a fun and colourful recipe paying homage to the unicorn trend but other than those bars, this is my first unicorn treat.
Shockingly easy to make but the end result is awesome! So pretty and colourful, this would be great for a party or an alternative to a birthday cake.
We start with the cheesecake base. I used my favourite Perfect Vanilla Cheesecake as it not only comes out insanely creamy every time but it also doesn’t crack! We want to bake this in a 20cm round spring form pan or a cheesecake pan that has a loose bottom.
We then divide our basic cheesecake batter into four or five separate bowls and add food gel colouring to each one. I used food colouring gel and I recommend food gel not liquid as the liquid pay thin the cheesecake mixture or curdle it. Food gel like this brand or this one.
I added mere dots of colour to each bowl and mixed, added some more and mixed, until I got the colours I wanted. I went for pastel shades but you can go as bright as you like!
The full recipe is listed below and I hope you try this recipe for yourself! Remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! If you do make this or any of my other recipes, #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured! Also subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos and tutorials. (Click here to check out yesterdays Cookie Testing video).
- 3 Cups Digestive Biscuits, Crushed (Graham Crackers) (250g)
- 1/4 Cups Butter, Melted (55g)
- 2 and 1/2 Cups Cream Cheese, Room Temperature (625g)
- 1 Cup Greek Yoghurt or Sour Cream (250g)
- 1/2 Cup Icing Sugar (60g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Drop Blue Food Colouring Gel
- 1 Drop Red Food Colouring Gel
- 1 Drop Yellow Food Colouring Gel
- 1 Drop Green Food Colouring Gel
- Grease or line a 20cm round cake pan with cooking paper and preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Crush the digestive biscuits and mix in the melted butter.
- Spread evenly over the base of the pan and refrigerate while making the rest of the cheesecake.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs and Greek yoghurt.
- Finally add the vanilla essence and icing sugar and beat until all combined.
- Divide the cheesecake batter into four or five separate bowls (depending on how many colours you want).
- Add a touch of colour to each bowl and mix until you have the desired shade. Start with a drop and add more if you want a more vibrant colour.
- Spoon each colour over the cheesecake base, alternating between each colour until you have a marbled, rainbow effect.
- Tap the cheesecake on the bench a few times to smooth out the top and bake for 50-60 minutes. The middle should still be slightly wobbly.
- Turn off the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature in the oven before placing it in the fridge for 4-8 hours.
I say cheese cake and immediately for weak. And you made it unicorn. Hit damn can’t bake it myself but sure gonna find someone who can. Thank you
You’re welcome! I’m sure you could bake it. It’s really not too hard
This looks amazing! It must have taken you a while!
Surprisingly not too long. It’s a very simple recipe. Slightly more time consuming with separating the cheesecake batter but not as hard as you think!
Thank you for this lovely and simple cheese cake! I have never tried to bake one before but i am a true fan of cheesecake. This might be the one for me to try out as it seems simple enough!
D, xo || from https://livedreamcreate-d.com
It definitely is! It’s simple for the beginner baker but looks stunning to show off to your friends and family!
Oh my goodness this looks absolutely delicious! I’m going to give it a try to this recipe this weekend. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for your lovely comment! I know you will love it!