Chocolate Brownies with Nutella Buttercream are rich and dark chocolate fudgy brownies topped with a sweet and creamy Nutella buttercream.
I hope you’re ready for another brownie recipe! Also another Nutella recipe… What can I say? I have a slight obsession with the stuff.
I already have the BEST fudgy and gorgeous Nutella Brownies recipe on my blog (if you haven’t made them yet, what are you waiting for?) and in my humble opinion, the best fudgy brownies recipe.
These chocolate brownies with Nutella buttercream are based off my fudgy brownies recipe =. They’re rich and dark, ultra fudgy and turn out perfect every time!
Top these with a Nutella buttercream that is equal parts creamy, sweet and Nutellery(?). The buttercream is sweet of course which I find pairs beautifully with the rich and dark chocolate flavours of the brownies.
The beauty with the buttercream is the Nutella flavour isn’t lost. There is plenty of chocolate/hazelnut flavour to go around.
A fun addition to these brownies would be chopped, roasted hazelnuts to really play on the hazelnut chocolate vibe of these gorgeous chocolate brownies.
I hope you enjoy these Chocolate Brownies with Nutella Buttercream and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Chocolate Brownies with Nutella Buttercream
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate (190g)
- 3/4 Cup Butter (170g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Sugar (75g)
- 2/3 Cups Brown Sugar (130g)
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (120g)
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa (31g)
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (90g)
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened (110g)
- 1/2 Cup Nutella (148g)
- 2-3 Cups Icing Sugar (240-360g)
- 2 Tbsp. Milk, As needed
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9"x9" baking tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate together.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract and espresso together until the mixture becomes a light golden colour.
- Mix in the chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the flour and cocoa until just combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the brownie mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes. The top and sides will be set and the middle will have crumbs attached to a skewer inserted but should not be wet.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before topping with the buttercream.
- Dissolve the espresso in the water.Beat the butter and Nutella together.With the beaters on, add the icing sugar slowly until it is all combined. (How much you add is up to you and how sweet you want the buttercream).If the mixture is too tough, add a little of the milk.Pipe onto the the brownies and slice.
Leave a Reply