These Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies are soft and chewy chocolate chunk cookies with a lovely texture and added flavour from the oats. These are wheat free so they also give the illusion of being a health food…..
These cookies are everything you want a cookie to be. They are soft, thick, chewy, dense and packed full of big chocolate chunks. The oats and oat flour provide a flavour and texture that only oats can provide.
Normal wheat flour is lighter and doesn’t really have a flavour. I actually really like the added flavour and denseness that the oat flour brings.
This is an easy one bowl recipe. Just throw all the ingredients in a bowl and mix. the mixture does have to refrigerated for at least 2 hours though. If you skip this step they will be very sloppy and will spread into a big mess. A big, delicious mess but a mess none the less.
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you try any of my recipes. I love to see your creations! #lightscamerabake
Chocolate Chunk Oat Cookies
- 100 g Butter, Melted (1/2 Cup)
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Oat Flour
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Oats
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chunks
- Melt the butter and mix with the dark brown sugar, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and egg.
- Add the oat flour, oats, baking soda and chocolate chunks and mix together.
- Place in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll the chilled dough into balls and bake for 10 minutes. They will have spread a little, starting to golden but will be soft.
- They harden as they cool.
Leave a Reply