Cookie Butter Oatmeal Bars are chewy oat bars filled with a rich and gooey caramel and pockets of cookie butter! These are sweet and delightful packed full of caramel and spices.
I LOVE cookie butter. Ever since I made the Cookie Butter Cookie Bars, I’ve been obsessed. Too bad its so hard to find in Australia and New Zealand.
If you don’t know what cookie butter is, its a cinnamon spiced spread based off the Biscoff biscuits or Speculoos. Now, I can’t get either of those spreads but luckily Aldi had a cookie butter spread and I stocked up! I used the last of the spread making these cookie butter oatmeal bars and I haven’t seen the cookie butter in stores since… RIP…
Good thing there is such a thing as online shopping! So if you’re like me and can’t get your hands on cookie butter locally, you can buy some here.
For these cookie butter oatmeal bars, I adapted my buttery caramel oat slice. I adjusted the oat bar to include cookie butter and added cinnamon, decreased the caramel filling and added thick puddles of cookie butter throughout to really amp up the cookie butter goodness.
Cookie butter and caramel is a match made in heaven. TRUST ME!
I hope you enjoy these Cookie Butter Oatmeal Bars and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Cookie Butter Oatmeal Bars
- 1/3 Cup and 1 Tbsp. Butter, Melted (90g)
- 1/4 Cup Cookie Butter, Melted (40g)
- 1 Large Egg
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (140g)
- 1/2 Cup Desiccated Coconut (55g)
- 1 and 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats (110g)
- 1 and 1/3 Cup All Purpose Flour (165g)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Cookie Butter (80g)
- 1/2 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk (195g)
- 1/3 Cup Butter (75g)
- 3 Tbsp. Golden Syrup (Or brown Sugar) (66g)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Place the condensed milk, golden syrup and butter in a saucepan on a medium heat and allow them to melt together.
- Once it has all come together take off the heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Allow to cool slightly while you prepare the oat bars.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line an 8"x8" baking tin with baking paper.
- Place the brown sugar in a bowl and mix in the melted butter and melted cookie butter.
- Add in the egg and mix.
- Add the flour, oats, coconut, baking powder and cinnamon and mix until all combined.
- Press 2/3 of the mixture into the base of the prepared pan.
- Top with the caramel and then blob over teaspoonfuls of the cookie butter in little blobs around the caramel. Crumble over the remaining oat mixture on top.
- Place in the oven to bake for around 25-30 minutes. The top should be a light golden colour.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing. I like to cool mine in the fridge so the caramel slices nicely.