Malteser fudge is a quick and easy malted chocolate fudge recipe filled to the brim with Maltesers. A quick and easy no bake treat with only five ingredients.
I love quick and easy desserts and this Malteser fudge is the definition of that! No oven required, only five ingredients needed and just fifteen minutes of your time! These are not only quick and easy but they are a great make a ahead dessert as there is a two-four hour setting time for this fudge. It may be a ‘cheat’ fudge but chilling is still required.
I love the ‘cheat’ fudge recipe. This is a no fail, quick, three ingredient fudge that has been featured on my blog with my peanut butter chocolate layer fudge and my M&M fudge recipes. No boiling sugar or heating the fudge to the exact right temperature. Just through it all in a pot on the stove or in the microwave.
Only a tin of sweetened condensed milk (not low fat as it won’t set as hard with low fat condensed milk), chocolate (milk or semi-sweet chocolate for this Malteser fudge) and vanilla extract for added flavour!
For this Malteser fudge I adjusted the recipe slightly to include malted milk powder and Maltesers. We can;t have a Malteser fudge without copious amounts of Maltesers can we?!
I chose to use milk chocolate (semi-sweet chocolate) as the Maltesers chocolate coating is this and if we used dark chocolate it would completely overpower the malt powder and Maltesers.
I used a large family bag (250g) of Maltesers in this fudge with only a few leftover. I may have been ‘sampling’ some while making this recipe but a regular 140g (4.9oz) bag of Maltesers would be just enough for the fudge recipe. If you are like me and you like to ‘sample’ the Maltesers as you go, I would suggest either buying the bigger family bag or getting extra just in case!
- 1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (397g)
- 2 and 1/4 Cups Milk Chocolate (400g)
- 1 Cup Malted Milk Powder (125g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Chopped Maltesers (140g)
- 12-20 Maltesers, Topping
- Line an 8"x8" baking pan with non stick paper and set aside.
- Chop up the Maltesers. Enough to fill one cup.
- Melt the condensed milk and milk chocolate together until smooth.
- Add in the malted milk powder and vanilla extract and mix.
- Stir through the chopped Maltesers and pour into the prepared pan and top with as many Maltesers as you want.
- Place in the fridge for 2-4 hours until set. Slice into pieces and serve.