Today’s recipe is completely over-the-top, show stopping and fit for Hollywood. These Nutella Fudge Topped Brownies are exactly that. A rich cocoa brownie with a Nutella fudge top. Life doesn’t get much better than this folks….
As you may already know, Lights, Camera, BAKE! is very friendly with Nutella (you can see here, here, here, here, here and here) so when I first saw the idea for this recipe over at Life, Love and Sugar. I gave the recipe a go and instantly fell in love. I then attempted the recipe again a few more times to make a few tweaks and create my own and honestly…. These are probably one of the best things you will ever make/eat.
Trust me folks, you need these in your life YESTERDAY.
To make these bars, we need to start with the base. The brownie. I chose to use my Rich Cocoa Brownie recipe as not only is it fail safe but it is also super fudgy and a deep rich chocolate flavour which is exactly what you want with these brownies. The Nutella fudge topping is quite sweet due to the fudge being made from condensed milk, chocolate and Nutella. The contrast between the rich, soft and fudgy brownies with the slightly harder, sweet hazelnut chocolate fudge top is incredible. INCREDIBLE!
Can you tell I love these brownies?
To top these brownies off, we cover the top in melted chocolate (more for aesthetic purposes but also to get as much chocolate in these as humanly possible). Then one more thing… We fill the brownie with white and milk chocolate chips because, well, #YOLO.
That makes these brownies like quadruple(?), Quintuple(?) chocolate brownies. We have rich cocoa brownies, white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, Nutella fudge and a melted chocolate topping…. Chocoholics dream!
As I said before these are very over-the-top but they are also one of the best things you will bake. These are a crowd favourite and even though they are rich, even people who aren’t dessert type people will have a small piece. They’re that good!
Nutella Fudge Topped Brownies
For the Brownies;
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 Cup Cocoa
- 140 g Butter, Melted (2/3 Cup)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (400g)
- 3/4 Cup Nutella
- 100 g Chocolate, Melted
- 100 g Chocolate
- 1 Tbsp. Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F) and line a 8"x8" baking tin with baking paper.
- Place the sugar, brown sugar, flour, cocoa and both lots of chocolate chips in a bowl and mix together.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until all combined.
- Place in the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out with loose crumbs attached.
- Allow the brownie to come to room temperature and make the Nutella fudge.
- Place the condensed milk, Nutella and chocolate in a bowl over simmering water and mix until everything is melted together and creamy.
- Take off the heat and pour over the brownie base.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes before finishing these off.
- Finally melt the chocolate and butter together, either over a pot or in the microwave.
- Spread over the fudge and place back in the fridge for at least 20-30 minutes before slicing.
You can use either milk or dark chocolate in the Nutella fudge or for the topping. I used a mixture of both so I had a little sweetness but they were still rich.
You can omit the chocolate chips if you prefer.
These are even better the next day.
Best eaten when they have been out of the fridge for 10 minutes. Adapted from Life, Love and Sugar