Peanut Butter Cheesecake Blondies are soft and gooey blondies topped with a creamy cheesecake and swirled with a chocolate peanut butter swirl. It really doesn’t get any better than this!
We all know I love a good blondie. Blondies are the 'blonde' counterpart to a brownie. That means we get a rich caramel/vanilla, fudgy blondie as apposed to chocolate. What's not to love?
Only one bowl is required and no mixer needed! Five minutes of your time and you will have whipped up the beautiful blondie base!
Today we take the beloved blondie one or two steps further. First with a cheesecake layer. Cheesecake blondies are about to become your new favourite thing my friends. We have the soft and fudgy vanilla base with a creamy, tangy top. In other words: Sweet, creamy, fudgy goodness!
To make these cheesecake just beat the cream cheese with the other ingredients until smooth. That's it! Ensure your cream cheese is at room temperature to stop any lumps.
Oh but it doesn't stop there. Oh no.
Not even close.
We then melt together milk chocolate and peanut butter to create a gorgeous, silky, peanut butter chocolate mixture to swirl throughout the cheesecake. Just look at those pockets of chocolate peanut butter!
** You could omit the chocolate and just swirl the peanut butter if you want these chocolate free. (Are you crazy?!) **
These are made in an 8"x8" baking pan and I use an all natural peanut butter as I prefer natural as opposed to peanut butter with additives. You can use any peanut butter you like with no change to the method.
Happy Friday friends! What does the weekend have in store for you? I'm off to Noosa for a weekend away in the sun. (Be sure to follow me on Instagram for updates on my story!).
Also make sure you subscribe to my YouTube channel for more baking videos!
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Blondies
- ⅓ Cup Butter, Melted (75g)
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar (140g)
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (120g)
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chips (90g)
- ½ Cup Cream Cheese, Room Temperature (125g)
- ¼ Cup Greek Yoghurt (65g)
- ½ Cup Icing Sugar (60g)
- 1 Large Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Chocolate Peanut butter Sauce;
- ¾ Cup Milk Chocolate (135g)
- ⅓ Cup Peanut Butter (85g)
- First make the blondie.
- Line an 8"x8" baking tin.
- Melt the butter and mix the with brown sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat in.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until all combined.
- Stir in all the chocolate chips and then pour into the prepared tin and set aside.
- Now make the cheesecake layer.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the Greek yoghurt, icing sugar, vanilla extract and egg and beat until smooth.
- Pour over the blondie mixture and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Melt the chocolate and peanut butter together and pour over the cheesecake layer and swirl through.
- Bake for 30 minutes.The middle will wobble very slightly and the tops and sides will be set.
- This can be eaten from straight from the oven but tastes better once it has chilled for at least two hours or overnight.