Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake is a three layer,baked cheesecake. An Oreo crust, a peanut butter cheesecake and chocolate cheesecake. Creamy, salty and sweet. This is the chocolate and peanut butter lovers cheesecake and tastes just like a Reese’s peanut butter cup.
It’s no secret that we love the peanut butter and chocolate combination here on LCB. From my no bake chocolate peanut butter bars to my buckeye thumbprint cookies, we love a good peanut butter chocolate treat. Today’s treat comes in the form of a cheesecake. Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake. Because who can say no to cheesecake?
This peanut butter chocolate cheesecake is a baked cheesecake. The base recipe for this cheesecake is my Perfect Vanilla Cheesecake. If you want all the tips and tricks I have to ensure a perfect, crack free cheesecake, be sure to check out that post.
Today’s cheesecake is going to be split into two bowls. The first bowl we will mix the cheesecake filling with peanut butter and the second will be mixed with melted chocolate. We’ll layer these two mixtures on top of each other over a dark Oreo base for a the cool three layered effect you see in the photos. Its not hard and only takes an extra 10 minutes to achieve.
Another option, if you don’t have time or you just want a peanut butter chocolate cheesecake without the layers, is to mix the melted chocolate and peanut butter straight into the cheesecake mixture instead of separating the mixture and creating two different layers. I personally like the layers aesthetically but it’s completely up to you!
For the peanut butter, I used a 100% natural peanut butter as I do with all my baking. I prefer the flavour of natural peanut butter and it’s much better for you without all the additives. You can use regular peanut butter in this with no adjustments needed to the recipe. I also baked mine in a 20cm round springform cake pan as the easy release makes getting the cheesecake out of the pan so much easier.
Remember if you make this or any of my other recipes to #lightscamerabake on Instagram. I love seeing your creations! Also be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel for fun baking videos. My latest is taste testing Nutella!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake
- 28 Peanut Butter Chocolate Oreos, (Or regular Oreos if you prefer)
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted (55g)
- 2 and 1/2 Cups Cream Cheese, Softened (625g)
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yoghurt (125g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 Cups Icing Sugar (90g)
- 1/3 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter (90g)
- 3/4 Cup Dark Chocolate, Melted (135g)
- Grease and line a 20cm round cake pan and set side.
- Crush the Oreos and mix with the melted butter.
- Press into the base of the prepared cake pan and place in the fridge while you make the rest of the cheesecake.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Beat the cream cheese with a stand or hand mixer until smooth.
- Add in the Greek yoghurt, vanilla extract and eggs and beat until creamy.
- Beat in the icing sugar.
- Separate the mixture between two bowls.
- Add the peanut butter to one bowl and mix through.
- Add the melted chocolate to the second bowl and mix.
- Pour the peanut butter cheesecake filling over the Oreo base and spread in an even layer.
- Pour over the chocolate layer and spread evenly.
- Bake for one hour. The sides will be set and the middle will jiggly slightly
- Turn off the oven and leave the door slightly ajar. Allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven for at least 30 minutes but preferably an hour.
- Transfer to a bench and allow to come to room temperature.
- Finally place in the fridge to chill for at least 4-8 hours or overnight.