Rolo Cookie Bars are soft and and chewy cookie bars filled with chocolate chips, a caramel sauce and Rolos!
I'm back with the ultimate comforting treat!
I know I say that about many of my recipes but what can I say? I love a good, over-the-top, comfort-food treat!
These Rolo cookie bars use my go to cookie bar cookie dough as the base. I then added copious amounts of Rolos to the dough, filled the middle with a homemade caramel sauce and topped them with even more Rolos!
It's funny, I don't actually like caramel unless it's my homemade caramel sauces and caramel filled chocolates like Rolos.
If you want to experiment you could use another chocolate like a Mars Bar or Caramello.
I hope you enjoy the Rolo Cookie Bars and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos!
Rolo Cookie Bars
- 200 g Butter, Melted (¾ Cup and 3 Tbsp.)
- ¾ Cups Brown Sugar (120g)
- ½ Cup Sugar (100g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 and ⅓ Cups All Purpose Flour (280g)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ Cup Chocolate Chips (135g)
- 200 g Rolos
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar (120g)
- ⅓ Cup Butter (75g)
- ¼ Cup Milk
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan on a medium to high heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the milk and bring to the boil.
- Boil for at least 2 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Allow to cool while you make the cookie bars.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 9x13 baking tin with butter or non stick cooking spray.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix. Finally add the chocolate chips and 100g of the Rolos and mix together.
- Spread half of the chocolate chip cookie dough in an even layer in the base of the prepared pan.
- Pour over the caramel and the remaining of the Rolos.
- Top with the remaining cookie dough in little blobs.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes. The top and sides will be golden and set but the middle will wobble.
- Place in the fridge until set completely to cut into neat squares or dig in with a spoon straight from the oven!
Leave a Reply