Rolo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies with a Rolo hidden in each one for extra chocolate and a burst of caramel. These are great for caramel and cookie lovers alike.
Welcome to the final day of Cookie Week here on LCB. It’s been a great week week beginning with the Old Fashioned Chocolate Chip Cookies, then moving on to the Afghans and today we’re wrapping up with Rolos stuffed inside a chocolate chip cookie and a short video tutorial to accompany it.
I kept the recipe simple for these and used a half batch of the Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I went with this cookie dough as it is a stable dough that holds its shape while baking and is sturdy enough to hold the Rolos in the center without compromising the flavour or texture.
I won’t go into detail on how to place the Rolo into each mound of cookie dough. Watch the video below or click here to see how its done!
Remember to follow me on Instagram and to #lightscamerabake to show me your creations. I love seeing someone making my recipes!
Rolo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 100 g Butter, Softened (1/2 Cup)
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 and 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 Cups Chocolate Chips
- 12 Rolos
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- With an electric mixer, beat the softened butter until creamy and add the two sugars creaming together.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well in between. Add the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and baking soda together.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients in batches. The batter will be quite stiff.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir in.
- Divide the mixture into around 24 balls. Grab one ball and place it on top of a Rolo and grab another ball and place it underneath. Seal the edges together around the Rolo and place on the baking tray.
- Bake for around 10 minutes. The dough will still be a little soft to the touch.