Salted Caramel Macadamia Blondies are gooey and sweet white chocolate blondies packed full of macadamia and a layer of homemade salted caramel running through the middle.
Words. I have no words. Not only are these salted caramel macadamia blondies so freaking good but I am also just so tired that I can’t actually form sentences in my head let alone on paper.
I am stressed to the max of you can’t tell.
Baking for me is a stress reliever and I have been baking more than ever. I have an assignment due this week, another assignment due in two weeks as well as exams coming up in two weeks as well… Have I started studying?… Not really…
Anyway enough about me, more about these blondies!
I have been going through a white chocolate blondie faze lately. From my Nutella white chocolate blondies to pecan white chocolate blondies.
I may also have another one up my sleeve… Oreo white chocolate blondies anyone?
For now, I am obsessed with these! Salted caramel mixed with sweet, white chocolate is just a match made in heaven. The caramel is sweet but rich, the blondies are sweet and gooey and with little bursts of crunchy macadamias, how could you go wrong?
I used my homemade salted caramel sauce which is insanely easy to make but you could use store bought if you are short on time or ingredients.
That’s all for now, my brain is slowly shutting down and all I feel like doing is sleeping or baking… Lets be honest, the baking part of me will probably win the debate here.
I hope you enjoy these Salted Caramel Macadamia Blondies as much as I do and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Salted Caramel Macadamia Blondies
- 1/4 Cup Butter (55g)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (90g)
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2-1 tsp Salt
White Chocolate Blondies;
- 2/3 Cups Butter (150g)
- 1 and 1/3 Cups White Chocolate (250g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar (65g)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar (150g)
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour (240g)
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 Cup Macadamias, Sliced in half (94g)
Salted Caramel Sauce;
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan on a medium to high heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the milk and bring to the boil.
- Boil for at least 2 minutes before removing from the heat. Add the salt and allow to cool while you make the blondies.
White Chocolate Blondies;
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line an 9"x9" baking tin.
- Melt the butter and white chocolate together.
- Beat the brown sugar, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda and macadamias until combined.
- Pour half into the prepared pan in an even layer.
- Pour over the salted caramel and then top with the remaining blondie mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the skewer inserted comes out with crumbs attached.
- Will be slightly under baked but that's how it should be. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan.