It’s cookie pie time! What happens when it’s cookie pie time and you’re craving s’mores? Make a S’mores Cookie Pie obviously! A soft, rich, buttery cookie filled with chocolate, marshmallows, crushed digestives and you guessed it…. More chocolate! Ooey, gooey comfort food at it’s finest…
There is so much going on in this pie I hardly know where to begin! There are so many different layers and textures and flavours that all come together to create this comforting treat.
First we have the cookie part of the cookie pie. I used the same cookie base as I have used on previous cookie pies (remember my Salted Caramel Cookie Pie and Extreme Salted Caramel Cheesecake Cookie Pie?). This turns out soft, buttery, slightly gooey with a nice chew every single time. This cookie sets perfectly on the outside while remain soft and gooey on the inside.
Once we have our cookie base it’s time to move on to the s’mores part of this dessert. After placing half the cookie mixture on the bottom of the pie dish we are going to cover that with a mixture of the marshmallows, chocolate buttons and crushed digestives or graham crackers. To finish, blob the remaining cookie dough over the top in an even layer and bake.
This is by no means a “pretty” dessert. It is a dive-right-in-with-a-spoon-wearing-sweatpants-or-pajamas type of dessert. As you can see from the photos I chose to dive right in with a spoon while it was still warm to make the most of the gooey factor. You can allow this to cool and set in the fridge so you get nice clean slices and no goo. I also like to let this set and then slice but then I microwave it for a few seconds to bring back the warm, gooey, comfort factor!
S'mores Cookie Pie
- 200 g Butter, Partially Melted (1 Cup)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp. Golden Syrup, Or Maple Syrup
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 and 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 125 g Digestive Biscuits (Graham Crackers), Lightly crushed
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Marshmallows
- 1 Cup Chocolate Buttons
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 9" or 20cm round pie dish.
- Lightly the crush the digestive biscuits so there are still large chunks.
- Set aside.
- Beat the super soft or partially melted butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the vanilla extract and golden syrup and beat in.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread half the cookie dough in an even layer as the the base in the prepared dish.
- Top with the marshmallows, chocolate buttons and lightly crushed or broken digestives.
- Top with the remaining cookie dough.
- Place in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes. The middle will still wobble but the outside will be starting to turn golden.
- Allow it to cool completely and set in the fridge for an hour or two before slicing for clean slices.
- If you want gooey, just dish it up straight from the oven or dive right in with a spoon!
Leave a Reply