Ultimate Chocolate Chip Oreo Brownies…… A.K.A Slutty Brownies. Layers of soft and gooey chocolate chip cookie, Oreos and rich and fudgy brownies. Top these with a smooth chocolate sauce to take these completely over the top!
This is the third and final recipe for brownie week here on LCB and I think I saved the best for last. These are over-the-top, showstopping, movie star quality brownies! (If you haven’t caught the previous two recipes this week, you can check those out here and here.)
Not only do I have an indulgent recipe for you today but I also have made a video tutorial to go along with these brownies. This tutorial has been filmed a little differently to what I have been doing lately so please check that out below.
I have seen these ‘Slutty Brownies’ (seriously, who came up with that name?!) floating around on the internet for years now and I have always wanted to try them. Yet I never seem to get round to actually making them. A lot of the recipes I found all used box mix chocolate chip cookies and box mix brownies. If you are a fan of using box mixes then by all means use those but to me that’s cheating and I promise you that the end result will be 100x better if you make these completely from scratch.
As you can see from the photos the cookie and brownie to Oreo ratio is pretty high. If you want you could half both the cookie layer and brownie layer to get a thinner result with more Oreo to cookie and brownie ratio. I have tried them both ways and like them both. One is huge, in your face, and I-can-barely-fit-the-piece-in-my-mouth. While the other allows the flavour from the Oreos to come through a bit more. I encourage you to experiment with both and let me know how you prefer these brownies!
Since we are going completely over the top today with our recipe, its only right that these are then topped with a rich chocolate sauce!
- 200 g Butter, Partially Melted (1 Cup)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp. Golden Syrup
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 and 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 16-18 Oreos
- 190 g Dark Chocolate
- 170 g Butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 and 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- Beat the super soft or partially melted butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
Add the vanilla extract and golden syrup and beat in.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Set this aside.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together.
Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Mix the chocolate mixture through the eggs.
- Mix in the cocoa, followed by the flour.
Line a 9"x13" baking tin with cooking paper and preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Spread the cookie dough over the base of the baking tin.
- Top with the Oreos.
- Spread over the brownie batter evenly.
- Place in the oven for 35-45 minutes. The middle will slightly wobble and a toothpick inserted should have loose crumbs attached. The sides and top should be set.
- Allow to cool before slicing and serving.
You can halve the cookie and brownie layers for a flatter brownie.