We’re taking the humble chocolate chip cookie and turning them into Vanilla Bean Chocolate Chip Cookies! That’s right, we’re getting fancy here.
*I have teamed up Vanille Vanille on this fun recipe. All opinions expressed are my own.
Vanille Vanille approached me to try their premium, Madagascan vanilla beans. (If you’re a baker, you know Madagascan vanilla is AMAZING). I have featured them before with my Browned Butter Vanilla Bean Blondies which were a huge hit with you guys!
Let me just say that whenever I bake with vanilla bean, the smells that come from my kitchen are just heavenly!
If you want to try the vanilla beans or other selection of items – they also sent me their Black peppercorns. I’m not a pepper person but my family tell me they’re fantastic – be sure to enter the special code at the checkout EMMA10 to receive a 10% discount!
These cookies are based off my regular chocolate chip cookies but with a little bit of a twist. I added vanilla bean paste and a whole vanilla bean pod to these cookies. I made the cookies a second time and you could omit the vanilla bean paste for a lighter more fragrant vanilla bean flavour. I love vanilla so I enhanced the cookies with vanilla bean paste as well.
To really get the most out of your vanilla bean, we scrape the vanilla seeds out of the vanilla pod and beat that into the butter and sugar. You want to be careful with the knife when scraping the vanilla pod and make sure you dig into the ends of the vanilla pod as seeds can get stuck in the ends.
Don’t forget to use the code: Emma10, for a 10% discount if you want to try working with vanilla beans!
If you make these vanilla bean chocolate chip cookies, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love hearing from you all and hearing you love my recipes. Remember if you make this or any of my other recipes to #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Vanilla Bean Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 Cups Butter, Softened (170g)
- 2/3 Cups Brown Sugar (130g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Vanilla Bean Pods
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste (Optional)
- 2 Tbsp. Cornflour (15g)
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour (240g)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips (270g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Slice the vanilla beans down the middle and using the back of the knife, scrape out the vanilla seeds on each side.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla bean seeds and vanilla bean paste together.
- Add in the eggs and beat until smooth.
- Beat in the cornflour, flour and baking soda and mix until all combined into a soft dough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls and place on the tray leaving at least 1 and 1/2" between each cookie to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 10 minutes. They will look under done but the harden as they cool.
Leave a Reply