Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, chewy and buttery chocolate chip cookies with the delightful crunch added from the walnuts. A classic and timeless recipe!
I’m back with another cookie recipe! T’is the season for cookies and all that.
On Tuesday I shared my Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe for people with allergies or for times when cookies call your name and you don’t have eggs on hand.
Today we’re taking it to a classic. Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies. We have the soft and chewy cookie dough, oodles of chocolate chips and, of course, walnuts.
Now I know a lot of you are probably thinking “why would you ruin a perfectly good chocolate chip cookie with walnuts?” I know I certainly think that with most cookies/brownies.
However, trust me when I say this, the walnuts really make these cookies special! The walnuts change the whole tone and flavour of the cookies. Giving them an obviously nutty flavour that further enhances the richness and the butteriness. The chocolate chips end up becoming supporting additions.
They are a great cookie to have up your sleeve and especially around this cookie baking holiday season. Obviously, if you feel like traditional chocolate chip cookies, just omit the walnuts and up the amount of chocolate chips. Easy and versatile!
I hope you enjoy these Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/3 Cup and 2 Tbsp. Butter, Softened (90g)
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar (70g)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (50g)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (120g)
- 1 Tbsp. Cornflour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2/3 Cups Chocolate Chips (140g)
- 1/3-1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts (65g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Beat in the cornflour, flour and baking soda and mix until all combined into a soft dough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- Roll into balls and place on the tray leaving at least 1 and 1/2" between each cookie to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. They will look under done but the harden as they cool.