White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are mini cups with a white chocolate casing and a sweet and creamy peanut butter filling. Just like a the white chocolate Reeces Peanut Butter Cups only the homemade version is so much better!
I seem to be on bit of a peanut butter kick. Remember on Friday when we made the No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars?
No I bring you another no bake peanut butter treat in the form of mini white chocolate cups. I found making these in a mini muffin pan with mini cupcake cases worked the best for me. (Like this one and these cupcake cases).
If you don’t want the cupcake case imprint on your cups you could use a smooth round chocolate mold like this one here.
I made these for gifts last Christmas and they were a huge hit. What’s not to love? Smooth white chocolate with a cream peanut butter filling that uses just peanut butter, icing sugar and vanilla essence? So easy, no bake and the perfect sweet hit.
As I’ve said many times before I prefer to use all natural peanut butter with no additives. Just peanuts and salt. I prefer the taste and also knowing there’s no nasty things in my peanut butter. If you use regular peanut butter that is totally fine. It won’t affect the outcome of the peanut butter filling.
Australia is treating me well and my taste buds have been treated to many different foods. Would you like a post on places to eat in and around Brisbane? Maybe I should start a ‘where to eat’ series… Let me know!
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- 350 g White Chocolate, Melted
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Melt 200g of the white chocolate and coat the bottom and sides of the cupcake cases or chocolate molds and allow to set.
- Mix the peanut butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth.
- Press around about a teaspoon full into each white chocolate casing.
- Melt the remaining white chocolate and spread over the top of each peanut butter cup and allow to set.
- Keep in the fridge for two weeks and in the freezer for up to three months.