Brown Butter Blondies are ooey gooey caramel blondies using browned butter for a more intense toffee flavour and white chocolate chips.
So these just happened... I made and filmed these bars literally yesterday and I was so excited to share them I cancelled recipe I was originally going to share today and replaced it with these gorgeous brown butter blondies!
The flavour of these blondies is that of toffee or caramel. Slightly butterscotch like with the browned butter. This comes from the use of only brown sugar as well. The flavour of these blondies is just so full and robust that they're too good not to make and share!
Not too mention they're ooey gooey and glorious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
The addition of white chocolate chips really balances out the rich caramel flavour by adding the sweet factor.
How To Brown Butter
You will see from the video below how easy it is to brown butter. I also explained how to in my Browned Butter Double Chocolate Chip Cookies and Browned Butter Vanilla Bean Blondies recipes. The only real 'trick' is to watch the butter closely and stir continuously once simmering and boiling so avoid burning.
To brown butter, place the butter in a pot on a medium to high heat. Allow it to melt and start to bubble. Continue to let it boil and the bubbles will start turn more translucent and bigger , rather than small and frothy. Be sure to stir the butter as this process is happening and keep an eye on the colour of the butter. We want it a rich amber not black and burnt.
The rest of the recipe is an absolute breeze and takes simple ingredients you have in your pantry so there's really no excuses not to make these blondies RIGHT. NOW!
I hope you enjoy these Brown Butter Blondies and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Brown Butter Blondies
- ½ Cup Butter, Browned (110g)
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar (130g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 and ¼ Cup All Purpose Flour (150g)
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¾ Cup White Chocolate Chips (135g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line an 8"x8" baking pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Brown the butter by placing the butter in a saucepan over a medium to high heat and melt. Bring the butter to the boil stirring constantly. Boil until the butter becomes a light amber colour and then remove from the heat.
- Allow the butter to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix the butter and brown sugar together.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla,
- Stir through the flour, baking soda and baking powder and finally stir through the white chocolate chips.
- Spread into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. The top and sides will be golden but the middle will have a slight wobble.