Christmas Monster Cookies are a twist on the classic chewy peanut butter, oat and M&M cookies using special Christmas M&Ms.
I have been sitting on this recipe for nearly a year and I'm so happy to be able to finally share it with you and make them again!
Side note: Thank you to all my readers new and old for supporting the blog, making the recipes and being patient with me while I sorted the technical issues on my blog. As mentioned in a previous post, I have been having technical issues that resulted in my website being down for weeks and as frustrating as it has been, it is finally fixed!! I hope.
So thank you all and I promise to make this blog bigger and better in the new year so stay tuned. Now back to the Christmas Monster Cookies!
What are Monster Cookies?
Monster cookies are M&M, chocolate chip cookies with oats and peanut butter added. This results in a peanut butter chocolate cookie with a lovely texture from the oats. They're soft, slightly crumbly and chewy!
As I write and post this post, it is actually my birthday! Can you believe it?! 25... Yay.... :/
Anywho, I hope you enjoy the recipe and make these many times this Christmas!
I hope you enjoy these Christmas Monster Cookies and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Christmas Monster Cookies
- ⅓ Cup Butter, Softened (80g)
- ¾ Cup Smooth Peanut Butter (190g)
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar (140g)
- ½ Cup Sugar (100g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 and ½ Cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (135g)
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (120g)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Christmas M&Ms (205g)
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (180g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper or grease with non stick cooking pray and set aside.
- Place the butter, brown sugar, sugar and peanut butter in a bowl and beat together until light and fluffy with an electric beater.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Stir through the oats, flour and baking soda until mixed.
- Fold through the M&Ms and chocolate chips and roll into balls and place on the prepared baking tray, using two if you have a small baking tray.
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes. As you can see they are fluffy and pale. To touch they will be soft in the middle but will harden as they cool.