Halloween Mummy Brownies are super easy, rich and fudgy brownies covered in melted white chocolate and candy eyes for a fun and easy Halloween recipe.
It’s finally officially October and that means its Halloween month. The month where I can go crazy with my bakes and watch even more horror movies than I usually do! I’m excited, can’t you tell?
Although Halloween is a little way off, I thought I would get in early with my Halloween recipes so you would have time to make them for your Halloween parties or just for fun. Starting with these Halloween Mummy Brownies! Aren’t they cute?
Rich and fudgy brownies – based off my Cookie Dough Brownies – that never fail me. Dark chocolate ensures the richness, slightly under baking them ensures the fudgy, gooey middle and of course we have a lovely crackly top!
You can go as crazy as you want with the ‘mummy bandages’. I went for a rustic, minimalist mummy but you can make them as wrapped up as you like!
My short video below shows my ‘technique’. My technique really is just a plastic bag with the end snipped off and a whole lot of random drizzling. Super quick and easy but so fun. You also end up with a cool result that’s perfect for Halloween or a themed party.
I hope you enjoy these Halloween Mummy Brownies and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos!
Halloween Mummy Brownies
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate (190g)
- 3/4 Cup Butter (170g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2/3 Cups Brown Sugar (130g)
- 1/3 Cup Sugar (75g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (120g)
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder (31g)
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips (Optional) (90g)
- 1 Cup White Chocolate, Melted (180g)
- 32 Candy Eyes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9'x9' baking tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate together.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract together until the mixture becomes a light golden colour.
- Mix in the chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the flour and cocoa until just combined.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan in an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. The top and sides will be set and the middle will have crumbs attached to a skewer inserted but should not be wet.
- Allow to cool completely and slice into pieces.
- Melt the white chocolate and drizzle haphazardly over the slices of brownie to create a 'mummified' effect. While the chocolate is still melted, stick two eyes on each brownie piece and allow to the chocolate to set.